1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

CP Tribes from Ouroboros miniatures

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by No3l, Jun 20, 2020.

1. No3l Active Member

Hi everyone,
    First review for me on the forum and I really owe this one to Tim from Ouroboros (https://www.ouroborosminiatures.com/store/)

I came across his miniatures a while ago through Kickstarter and I always find his projects quite interesting either because of unusual subjects or just due to the way he is able to bring an original view on the most common ones.

And last but not least all my respect because from a customer service point of view he is definitely amongst the top ones I’ve ever dealt with (and they are not few ).Deliveries always fast and on time, I’m still not sure if he sleeps at all since he replies always in a matter of minutes and even during the recent challenging times with Covid with heavy impacts on deliveries he has been able to go far beyond any expectation including fixing an issue that was 100% forwarder’s fault.

So talking about miniatures.. CP Tribes is one of his latest projects and I had decided to go all in on this one :

29E97A31-BD3B-4F9D-A72D-518AE924CAD2.jpeg

It is a series of 4 (+1KS bonus) cyberpunk styled busts (1:10) with influences from the African continent.

Every bust comprises from 2 to 4 parts (torso, head, arms.. with the exception of the first on the left and bigger one on the right where arms are casted altogether with the body)

All the five characters are imho quite a good mix of sci-fi elements (with either mechanical/geometric parts) and exotic/natural details like the tattoos and anatomy features that never exceed either in one sense or the other. Quite a good thing as it leaves lot of space for personal interpretation and styles.

Level of details is absolutely great. Parts are almost clean and ready to paint. I didn’t find any imperfections, only few mold lines that are placed anyway with good sense on to surfaces where sanding is extremely practical and where there’s no risk to touch nor damage any detail.
    79A1AA33-85AF-4AA0-93A6-ED2DE7188EC4.jpeg
    7EBA6CCF-A537-4846-BAFF-1AB46D5A1D43.jpeg
    A54C76A8-0AB1-4ACE-8937-02182F465CF8.jpeg
    F1863C24-683C-4F54-A940-374EBBF140EB.jpeg
    3A15CFC3-D2B4-4B05-B587-63AAF083C1FF.jpeg

In conclusion , Ouroboros subjects span across different themes but if you like sci-fi /cyberpunk style It definitely worth to check his store and follow on Facebook to see whenever new projects are released.

Happy bench time,
    Ale

Attached Files:

Billy Dickinson and Scotty like this.