1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Covid - 19 Operator, 1:10 Scientific Models.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Marcin Morawski, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    Hi, guys!
    A well-known bust.
    I couldn't resist and bought it. Limited edition (70 pieces worldwide), income donated to help one of the Italian hospitals.
    In addition to a perfectly cast figurine, in the box I also found a cover letter of the action, a company advertisement and pictures painted by Italian artists taking part in the action.
    I'm glad that I could help.
    Mine is #61. It'll be in orange suit. P8020257.JPG P8020259.JPG P8020260.JPG P8020261.JPG

My work so far. Carsprays, black & grey.
    P8020265.JPG

Stay safe!
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Marcin

Following this with interest

A excellent thing to do from Scientific

Happy benchtime

Nap
    gpldsl and Marcin Morawski like this.
  3. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Envious, I missed getting this: sold out in a day with 2700 euros donated by all involved
    Nap and Marcin Morawski like this.
  4. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    If anyone out there who has one was interested in selling, ....I’d buy plus make donation
  5. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    First colors. The base is Orange Fire VGC, highs are Averland Sunset, Evil Sunz in recesses P8030248.JPG P8030247.JPG
    Billy Dickinson, Nap and grasshopper like this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Marcin

Very vibrant start on the orange .......thanks for adding the colours you've used

Look forward to more on this

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Marcin Morawski likes this.
  7. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    Washes. Fuegan Orange (overall) and Cassandora Yellow (highlights). And Temple Guard Blue for the hem. P8040271.JPG P8040273.JPG P8040275.JPG

M.
    Billy Dickinson, Nap and grasshopper like this.
  8. gpldsl Well-Known Member

Italy
    I know a guy who has 2 maybe he is interested in....check this name on Facebook: Renato Sartini...he has 2...and he is not a painter...maybe... he is an Italian journalist...
    Nap and grasshopper like this.
  9. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Thank you!
    gpldsl likes this.
  10. gpldsl Well-Known Member

Italy
    try to help you in some way... I don't know if he is interested maybe... who knows... :O
    Nap likes this.
  11. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Not sure if it will get to him, but sent him a FB mseeage Thankyou...
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Marcin

Lookin good my friend interesting you've chosen this colour to depict ...are you working from pictures ?

Citadel colours are good but strange names to say the least ...lol ...of course aimed towards gaming and fantasy

Thanks for sharing

Happy benchtime

Nap
  13. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    No more different than “English uniform”. All rather silly names when not either pigment reference, cobalt blue, even cobalt blue hue, or a RAL, auto paint etc..the made up names are universally awkward and hence the numerous requests for conversion charts ..which mean little anyway due printing ..
  14. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    Thanks! No, I don't use any references, I just wanted to paint an orange hazmat suit ;) All the busts I've seen so far are white and gray. Something different this time.

Have you ever wondered what the guy who comes up with these names looks like?

More contrast on hem... Using all the blues I have.
    P8060279.JPG

The mask. Skarsnik Green :D Warboss Green :p Escorpena Green :confused: , day 1.
    P8060281.JPG

Keep safe!
    Nap likes this.
  15. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    My plague doctor arrived at noon today..ordered only on weekend..DhL from Italy..Leipzig..Cincinnati..Vancouver..here..impressive. Packaged to survive anything...and inside the piece is exquisite..finesse matching Avanpost..ordering more..still hope to find an operator bust...
    back to regular programming..apologies for interruption
  16. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Marcin

Contrast is coming along well .......watching the way the actual mask progresses can't beat a bit if Skarsnik !!

Following with interest as always

Happy benchtime

Nap
  17. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Marcin Morawski and Nap like this.
  18. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    Very handy! Thanks for sharing!

Meanwhile... Too hot for painting, the paint's too thick, I don't like it at all. It's maybe the color's fault? Light blue will be better?
    P8080287.JPG
  19. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Too many complementary colours:they set one another off when put side by side
  20. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    I forgot what Mig Jimenez once said: Less is more.
    2nd attempt. I think this time the color is OK, not so peaish, more surgical. Skarsnik G + Temple Guard B + Rotten White. And Dwarf Skin with white on the face. P8090289.JPG

M.
    Nap likes this.