1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Counterfit items on Ebay

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by garyjd, Sep 29, 2005.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    I have stumbled across a large number of lots up for auction on Ebay and feel that a number of these pieces are pirated recasts. The ones that definitely do not look right are three headsets identified as being produced by Hornet. These just do not look right to me.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtoy_inQQhtZ-1

If you recognize that some of the others are not right, report it to Ebay. If you respect those that make a living at this you will only not buy this junk, but report it if you feel it is just not right. I have contacted Ebay and Mr. saunders concerning this, hopefully this person will have their membership on Ebay pulled.~Gary
  2. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    I've had a look Gary and I CONCUR with you ALL the way.........

They are Hornet heads :eek: :( :angry:

Good job you contacted Ebay and Mr.Saunders........let's track and unveil this piracy.........

Ray.
  3. qulfon New Member

4. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    Gary is this figure on ebay a recast and if so who did the original? The item no is #6002550364 and is under the seller you mentioned.
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Aside from the Hornet heads there are sets that look like Verlinden, but I can't tell if they are recasts. As for the other resin kits I can't tell you much. The pirating and recasting of kits is mostly seen with the larger garage kits, but it looks like a lot of miniatures are also being recast as of late. One suggest I don't really agree with is that the high price of a lot of figures nowadays is due to recasting. I think it's the other way around. As the price of figures continue to rise I think we'll see even more "pirates" and "recasters", who will be peddling kits to those looking for a cheaper alternative. It's sad but the only way to fight them other than turning them in is to just not buy what they're selling.~Gary
  6. MPA New Member

Hi
    I have been approched after winning a kit on Ebay with an offer to buythe kit off me and also provide one of the first recasts. Needless to say I just deleated the Email.
    At one time a couple of years ago a store was selling kits from a Korean company which were recasts of Pegaso and Elite kits, the store owner was not at fault as he would have been unaware that the kits were counterfit ( the only figure kits that are imported for retail are verlinden) and he did remove them from sale when told about it.
    So the problem has been around for a while and even sold under a different label.
    Regards Michael
  7. olly_usafsoc New Member

Some of them appear to be cromwell models figures although i arent sure. Well doesnt look like hes got much buisness anyways, which is excellent ...