1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Could I improve my abilities ?

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by RRR, Nov 21, 2021.

1. RRR Well-Known Member

Germany
    Five Years ago I did the Templar Knight bust by Young Miniatures.

It was my first bust. Although I already had some experience in the modelling hobby, I did mostly tanks and figures and dioramas in 1:35.
    Tired of all the tanks, I completely changed to figures and busts.

IMG_8746.JPG IMG_8747.JPG IMG_8748.JPG IMG_8749.JPG IMG_8750.JPG

Now I thought it was time to make that one again. See if I could improve my techniques ...?

IMG_8722.JPG IMG_8718.JPG IMG_8719.JPG IMG_8720.JPG IMG_8721.JPG

To be honest, I like them both, but the latest one a little bit more :D

Cheers
    Robert
  2. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Very well done.. we all aim to improve with every figure, picking up tips and tricks along the way.. The more you do, the more you will improve.. (y)
  3. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I always keep my old figures so I can see the progression over the years and look back at some stuff and I can't imagine what I was thinking when I applied paint!

Just keep practicing and improving Robert and above all, just enjoy the hobby for what it is!

Gary
    Babelfish and housecarl like this.
  4. Impisi Member

Germany
    I like em both