WIP Corps Royal de Infanterie de la Marine 1781 (update 1)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Jun 10, 2012.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello everybody,
    i made some progress on this French marine fusilier.
    Finished the scarlet lapels , added buttons to it and glued and basecoated the arms.
    The colors i chose for the coat base are as follow:
    Vallejo dark prussian blue and a dab of vallejo game color night blue , as for the lights i will probably use prussian blue (not dark) and for shadows i will use black.
    As for the vest and breeches , i decided to go with a slight change from the coat just to mark difference between garments:
    Base : prussian blue and a dab of vallejo gameworks night blue.
    Lights it will add flat blue and black for shadows.
    As for the facings, to resemble scarlet ( which is some sort of red-orange) i used the following:
    Napoleonic red and a dab of vallejo game works gory red.
    For lights i used deep orange and for shadows i used Vallejo washes system "red wash".
    Hope you guys like.
    :) DSC03323.JPG DSC03322.JPG DSC03324.JPG DSC03325.JPG
    Steve and Michaelminiatures like this.
  2. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Nice conversion, Daniel. I see you have kept the blue turbacks of the coat, instead of the red, shown in one of the plates, you posted in the past thread about this figure. I think is more accurate this way.

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia
  3. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Yes Eduardo, the illustation i posted it shows the 1776 uniform with scarlet turnbacks , but in 1779 the've changed to blue.
    hall-moye@msn.com likes this.
  4. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Daniel,
    You're output is prodigious - I really like the work you are doing. Is there a possibility of seeing all the models in one slide show when you have finished? Keep them coming!
    Regards
    Chris
  5. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Chris,thank you for your kind comment.
    I really don't know if you can see a slideshow , i will have to ask one of the administrators
    Best regards