1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Corps Royal de Infanterie de la Marine 1781 (update 1)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Jun 10, 2012.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello everybody,
    i made some progress on this French marine fusilier.
    Finished the scarlet lapels , added buttons to it and glued and basecoated the arms.
    The colors i chose for the coat base are as follow:
    Vallejo dark prussian blue and a dab of vallejo game color night blue , as for the lights i will probably use prussian blue (not dark) and for shadows i will use black.
    As for the vest and breeches , i decided to go with a slight change from the coat just to mark difference between garments:
    Base : prussian blue and a dab of vallejo gameworks night blue.
    Lights it will add flat blue and black for shadows.
    As for the facings, to resemble scarlet ( which is some sort of red-orange) i used the following:
    Napoleonic red and a dab of vallejo game works gory red.
    For lights i used deep orange and for shadows i used Vallejo washes system "red wash".
    Hope you guys like.
    :) DSC03323.JPG DSC03322.JPG DSC03324.JPG DSC03325.JPG
    Steve and Michaelminiatures like this.
  2. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Nice conversion, Daniel. I see you have kept the blue turbacks of the coat, instead of the red, shown in one of the plates, you posted in the past thread about this figure. I think is more accurate this way.

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia
  3. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Yes Eduardo, the illustation i posted it shows the 1776 uniform with scarlet turnbacks , but in 1779 the've changed to blue.
    hall-moye@msn.com likes this.
  4. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Daniel,
    You're output is prodigious - I really like the work you are doing. Is there a possibility of seeing all the models in one slide show when you have finished? Keep them coming!
    Regards
    Chris
  5. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Chris,thank you for your kind comment.
    I really don't know if you can see a slideshow , i will have to ask one of the administrators
    Best regards