1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Corporal, Louisiana Tiger.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Robert Ramirez, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Robert Ramirez Active Member

Spain
    Hello guys!!!

Here I leave you a few photos of the last figure that I am painting. It is of Elite Miniatures, and treats itself about the Corporal, Louisiana Tiger. Providing that it falls Latorre's figurine in my hands, especially the former ones, I surprise pleasingly, since this boy I shape a few figures really good, and simple to do.

I hope that you like, here they go:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

At the moment I like very much the result, though now I believe that I still have, the worse thing, the trousers with his details, but good also it is a challenge, thing that attracts me, to seeing that it goes out.

Cheers, Robert.
  2. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Truly fantastic work Robert.
  3. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    I love were this is going. Your Prussian blue looks excellent and it is one tough color to treat. Keep it up.
  4. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Great start. This figure is very thin, and in my opinion is closer to 1 / 35 that of the 54mm. Like the used effect of the crtridge box an the tone of reds. And see how you go, the stripes of the pants.

http://www.mininet.tv/egminiatures.html
  5. Robert Ramirez Active Member

Spain
    Thanks guys for your comments!!!
    True, Edorta, is closer to the scale 1 / 35, making it more complicated painting. I have already started with the pants, see what I get.

Regards, Robert
  6. Trep Active Member

United-States
    Great painting
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    like what you have done sofar.
    Looking up to your next posting with this figure.

marc
  8. DaveG Active Member

United-States

Was going to say the same thing about the blue coat. Really amazing. Very excited to see this one finished now.

DG
  9. Robert Ramirez Active Member

Spain
    Thank you very much!!(y)
    The color blue, I have performed with Andrea blue set, varying the color slightly, adding burnt umber.
    I hope this week to more advances in the figure.

Regards. Robert.
  10. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Stunning work Robert.
    Carl.(y)
  11. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Beautiful looking figure so far. So you used the blue paint set from Andrea? Would you mind telling me how you used it? It looks as if you also used a different color when highlighting. I could be wrong. I have this set as well and used it (I do like the burnt umber added to it) but found the highlight colors too close to each other to give a noticable contrast on the figure. Can you explain in detail how you used this set so hopefully one day I can paint half as good as you are.

Jim Patrick
  12. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good so far!!
  13. Robert Ramirez Active Member

Spain
    Hello Patrick!

Well, how what I do is simple, to the base mixture I added Burnt Umber and Black, and then go with the colors illuminating the set, but not to the latter, once this step adds Brown Cork, and Sunny Skinytone, to illuminate more. And in the shadows, rather than the boats of the set, I add black gradually, reaching the latter pure color.

I hope it helps.

Regards, Robert.
    Jim Patrick likes this.
  14. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    lovely work!

Mark
  15. Robert Ramirez Active Member

Spain
    Some progress more.

I finished painting the stripes of the pants, even necessary to give paint the lights and shadows in the stripes. The mean if they are finished.

The photos:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Regards, Robert.
    Jim Patrick and Tommi like this.
  16. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  17. Robert Ramirez Active Member

Spain
    Thank you, Edorta.

Regards. Robert
  18. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great work Robert! (y)

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  19. Robert Ramirez Active Member

Spain
    Hello guys!!

I put a few final photos of the finished figure. The pants in the end it took longer than I thought, or no......, but the result does not deserve it.

I hope you enjoy!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

A detail photo of another fund, does not obscure much the set:
    [IMG]

Regards, Robert.
    pmfs likes this.
  20. Edorta A Fixture

Spain