1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Corporal 1/88th Regiment of Foot Badajoz 1812

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Tommy Atkins, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Tommy Atkins Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Afternoon all! Day 2 of my new project- a fabulous release by Troop 54 in 75mm resin. Very little in the way of cleanup and mould lines. I've made a few minor alterations in milliput. I made the shako plume a tad taller and added an oilskin 'fall' to the rear of the cap using metal foil from a wine bottle top. I also slightly extended the pouch straps as there was a slight gap when the pouch was dry fitted.
    The only other thing I did was to alter the position of the bayonet scabbard. As moulded it would hang vertically, but I have shortened the scabbard somewhat and slung it an an angle as would be the case with a Brown Bess bayonet frog.

Really looking forward to getting some paint on this little beauty!

Regards Pete

20221029_151554.jpg 20221029_151604.jpg 20221029_151613.jpg 20221029_151632.jpg
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Pete

Nice subject choice , looks a nicely detailed sculpt , like the crucifix hanging out the bag

Looking forward to you getting the paint going on this ....especially how you do the weather beaten uniform

Following with interest

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Oda and Viking Bob like this.
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hello Pete, you will like this one to paint and you will do it proud. Look forward to seeing more.
    Regards
    Bob
    Oda likes this.
  4. Tommy Atkins Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thank you both. He feels like painting a giant after that 28mm ECW figure! Bob I've had a good look at your version and hope I can get it somewhere near. Regards Pete
    Oda, Nap and Viking Bob like this.
  5. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Lookin g forward to seeing the painted figure..
    Oda likes this.
  6. Bundook Active Member

Scotland
    The knapsack is presumably full of loot. It'll be interesting to see how you make him look drunk.
    Nap likes this.
  7. Tommy Atkins Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks gents! Hope I can do it justice. Regards Pete
    Oda, Viking Bob and Nap like this.
  8. Cannonball A Fixture

Looking forward to seeing your take on this Pete.

Neal
  9. Tommy Atkins Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Neal. Itching to get started! Would rather be painting than doing police work.....Regards Pete
    Viking Bob likes this.
  10. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Know what you mean but in my case that was years ago :)
    Nap likes this.
  11. Tommy Atkins Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Bob! Made me smile
    Viking Bob likes this.
  12. Tommy Atkins Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Morning all! A bit of progress on this chap. I normally start with the face but decided on this occasion to get some more bits attached first. I will probably regret it, but I am trying to do a simplified version of the regimental lace.....it should be black, red and yellow stripes. I'm not adding the yellow as it doesn't really show up at all. Regards Pete

20221114_085640.jpg 20221114_085632.jpg 20221114_085627.jpg 20221114_102850.jpg 20221114_102842.jpg
  13. Tommy Atkins Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Morning all! A little more progress....really enjoying this figure. Regards Pete.

20221123_102857.jpg 20221123_102701.jpg 20221123_102648.jpg
    Nap, NigelR and Oda like this.
  14. Tommy Atkins Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    He has two arms! Can't contain my excitement...

20221201_111106.jpg 20221201_111118.jpg 20221201_111126.jpg
    Oda, Blind Pew and Nap like this.
  15. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Peter

Apologies for not posting before on updates .....family stuff !

Really intrigued about the way you approach the painting , have to say it certainly works well , realy lije the red highs and shadows

What colours / paints are you using ?

This is going to be a fine result ....keep enjoying it

Look forward to seeing more

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  16. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Coming along nicely..
    Oda likes this.
  17. Tommy Atkins Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thank you Warren!

Hi Nap. Thanks for the kind comments.

The coatee is done in Humbrols, mostly scarlet 60 with a touch of track colour 173 to dull it down as befits an other ranks jacket.
    Highlights are with matt flesh 61.
    The finer elements of wear are added with Vallejo beige red and flat red in varying thin washes and stippling.

My method of painting is a little weird! I like to put as much together as possible as early as possible, but I don't like obscuring areas under these parts as I can't give them the attention they deserve. So I this case I did the sides of the torso and the inside of the arms first, then stuck them together so I didn't have the issue of winkling a brush in between them later. Does that make sense?! Regards Pete
    David Spencer and Nap like this.
  18. Nap Moderator

England

Hi Pete

It very much makes sense , thanks for the details

Look forward to seeing more updates

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  19. Tommy Atkins Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Nap! Regards Pete
    Nap likes this.
  20. Tommy Atkins Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Morning all! Started work on the shako and have tried to get a good representation of the design on the stovepipe cap plate. Pretty fiddly stuff, especially my attempt at a GR cypher in the middle!
    Regards Pete

Attached Files: