1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Copper State Models 1/35 Ehrhardt Armoured car & crew

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Gary Edmundson, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Gary Edmundson Well-Known Member

Canada
    A current project on the go right now is a recent release from Copper State Models of their 1/35 scale Ehrhardt Armoured Car from 1917, along with their resin crew figures. Of the two drivers, one has been posed holding the front door open. Since there was not much of an interior included, I added what I thought would be seen from the outside of that. I also added some stowed tools based on reference photos, a second jack (since some vehicles carried two) and small brass wire "stays" for the hatch doors. Apologies to those who may have already seen this on the CSM FB page. Cheers,
    Gary.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Oda A Fixture

Mighty,mighty,mighty impressive.Love every tiny bit of it.Historical modeling at its best Gary.

Oda.
    Gary Edmundson likes this.
  3. NigelR A Fixture

Very nice. I really like the combo of dried/wet mud in the weathering, very effective.
  4. SUPER ANTO Well-Known Member

Spain
    Nice.... :)
  5. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal
    Very nice!

Cheers!

Dolf
  6. Francisco Member

nice work!!Looking forward to see it finish!
  7. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Fine rig work!
  8. MattMcK. PlanetFigure Supporter

Fantastic work!
  9. Gary Edmundson Well-Known Member

Canada
    With work on the vehicle nearing completion, I've been painting the crew figures (again - these were produced by CSM). The officer had his head replaced with one from my spares box to show a happier look. The two drivers wore leather uniforms, so there's a bit of sheen to the look.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. Djoubri M Well-Known Member

France
    Excellent work. Like the car.
  11. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    Wow! I had my eye on this Copper State vehicle and seeing your fantastic work will make me go for it... Well done. I think there are also some 3D printed/resin Ehrhardt accessories produced by CSM. I'm not into WWI so I have no clue of those are necessary for the build.

Anyway, I love the way you scratchbuilt the missing interior, it definitely adds a special touch. The figures are wonderfully painted. What did you have in mind for the scene?

Cheers,
    Mario
    Nap and Gary Edmundson like this.
  12. NigelR A Fixture

Nice work on the figures (y)
  13. Sergei Active Member

United-States
    Wikipedia, which of course knows everything, tells us that the E-V/4 Panzerkraftwagen Ehrhardt carried an armament of up to three machine-guns. I noticed that your car already has four machine guns plus one more held by a member of the crew. But I assume one can not have too many machine guns.
  14. Gary Edmundson Well-Known Member

Canada
    This is handy info to know, Sergei. I assume the CSM design crew thought of this when they provided four guns with the kit, and I wondered myself how many they'd actually carry. There are several period photos in the reference book that came with the kit showing vehicles with four or more guns (possibly posed?). I'm actually using the two figures (with MG and Ammo can) for another project as all five would crowd my finished display. Cheers!
    Sergei likes this.
  15. Gary Edmundson Well-Known Member

Canada
    Hello Mario, the scene is quite basic, and just involves the vehicle sitting on a cobbled road with three of the figures by the open door. I’ll post some pics of the finished display soon as it’s now done.
    Nap and Mike - The Kiwi like this.
  16. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    These figs look great, Gary! Fine work on the rig, too, btw.
  17. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well on it's way to being another cracken WW1 scene and it's great to see the work on the vehicles, they are brilliant.
    TERRY
  18. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Gary

Good to see the next project , really like seeing the added detail on the vehicle and the weathering

The figures are looking good as well , like the new officers face

Presume you find it fairly easy to paint different scales

Looking forward to seeing more

Happy benchtime

Nap
  19. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Figures look great!
  20. Gary Edmundson Well-Known Member

Canada
    I recently put the final touches to my Ehrhardt project, securing it and figures to a base made from an old Verlinden Productions resin cobblestone section. I'll post a couple of photos in the "Finished" section too. Thanks to all who followed along!

[IMG]