1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique 'Convoy is to scatter'

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Helm, Apr 29, 2014.

1. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Snow looks fantastic Steve BZ on that and the whole model mate.
    Jonesy
  2. Helm A Fixture

England
    Thanks Joel about time you got some daubing done as well mate :sneaky:

Steve
  3. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Just waiting on supplies mate ;)
    Jonesy
  4. Helm A Fixture

England
    Hope you aren't relying on the bloke in this thread to bring them :eek:
    Steve
  5. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    No I'd prefer them sometime before I reach my bus pass ;)
    Jonesy
  6. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice job on this Steve.
    I like the story behind the subject concerning the convoy. It just shows how much of a threat the Tirpitz was and remained so until the Dambusters & 9 Squadron managed to sink it.
    Cheers
    Gordon
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    Cheers Gordon really nice sculpt this one mate, what with this and the Russian pilot (on my get list) who knows I'll be a WWII buff at this rate :eek: I agree mate the Tirpitz was a real bogey man until it was sunk
    Steve
    Grod likes this.
  8. Don Well-Known Member

Had a few daya in bed since this started and its a cracker Steve. You finished him perfectly.
    While bedbound I was reading about an old WW 1 destroyer on the Murmansk run where the captain and the OOD were stuck on the bridge themselves for four days due to bad weather. Reading that I was reminded of this figure!

Don
  9. Helm A Fixture

England
    Wow thanks Don glad you liked him and that my work sprang to mind while you reading. I cannot express how much admiration I have towards all those involved in sailing those ships in such awful conditions
    Steve
  10. Don Well-Known Member

Steve I had an Uncle who was in the water twice on the same trip. His first ship was set on fire and against all orders a tanker came slowly alongside and picked up the crew then carried on. Day or two later he was eating in the mess deck when that one was torpedoed and blew up. He said he woke up in the water still with a sausage on a fork in his hand.
    Rescued this time by one of the Clyde rescue boats. I think he gave up after that and stayed home.
    Like you I think the world of anyone who went to Russia during the war!

Don
    Grod and Helm like this.
  11. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well done mate, only just seen this one (y)
  12. Helm A Fixture

England
    Cheers Steve glad you liked it mate (y)
    Steve