1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Converted Latorre Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Figure Mad, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Nearly finished just a few finishing touches to the paint, please give your comments, I am not totally happy with the outcome....

But tell me what you think

Dave

Attached Files:

2. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Another couple of views

Attached Files:

3. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Dave well done, some very worthwhile additions to this beautiful bust...it looks great, but even better yesterday in the flesh..

I really like the effect on the hat, and the eyes are impressive, considering you were unfortunate enough to have a little damage to one of them...the red on the jacket is also stunning in the flesh..not as good on my screen though (and I have that new monitor)..

Keep those conversions coming mate...you're on a roll.

All the best..Roy.
  4. Cicero New Member

Albania
    Hi Dave,

Your bust brings back memories to me of the old black and white movie of 'Captain Blood, starring Errol Flynn. I loved this film very much when I was a youngster.

Great work !

Johan ;)
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Dave, I agree with everybody else, you did a good a job on the bust, my compliments.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  6. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Great work, Dave. Well done!

Best regards
    Artur
  7. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dave,
    this guy turned out fantastic. I really like your idea for the conversion. This was an inspired piece. I have a couple sugestions, and I certianly don't want to take away from the piece but I just have a couple passing thoughts. I think the lace of the collar and the feather look like they could use a light wash of a darker color for a bit more contrast, though it could be the photos. I think the red on the main shirt is FANTASTIC! The eyes are also outstanding! I think he could stand to have some eye-brows added. It also looks like he might need some darker shadow tones under the nose and in the nostrils. This could also be the andgle of the photo though. Over all this turned out great! You are fast to boot! Thanks for sharing!

Jay H.
    OKC
  8. s.walks New Member

England
    Looking good Dave, you always seem to get a warm tone to your reds ( something I always struggle with) , he has a slight resemblance to Gerard Depardieu in Cyrano de Bergerac. Brilliant work mate keep it coming.

Cheers Steve Walks (y)
  9. MattS Active Member

United-States
    Nice job. I like what you've done here alot. It may be the pics , but there doesn't appear to be any highlights or shadows on the lace collar or the feather. Again nice job
  10. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Very nice Dave. Another excellent conversion.
  11. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Damn, that turned out great!!
  12. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thats a pretty nice conversion there. and is not a conversion simply . Its another Bust ! You have done pretty good my friend with the changes and the painting also. I really like this one a lot
  13. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dave,

That is a very nice conversion and the paint job looks good as well.

Joe
  14. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good paintwork Dave!
    compliments
  15. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Thanks a lot for the comments, they are very much appreciated, as I felt a little disheartened when I started painting this one, as that is the result of the fourth time I had painted the face.
    Obviously its not quite finished as of yet...

This is only my second conversion, so I am glad you guys think, I havent done too bad. I can see little bits I would do again if I had the chance, but why run before you can walk.

Hi Jay, thanks mate for the critique and the comments, Always welcome. I can see what you mean, it is partly down to photography, I am not a very good photographer. But I need to finish a lot more of the figure as of yet, you are right about the collar and the feather, feather especially as that is just primer as you see it. Also the hair needs to be finished and as you said the eyebrows added, So I hope to do that this weekend. I will post finished images when it is done.... :)

Thanks again guys

Dave
  16. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Dave this one looks super from where I am sitting. Certainly looks as if the conversion bug has well and truely bitten you on the jacksy!
    Look forward to seeing what you consider will be the finished version. I especially like the way all the colours used really compliment each other. Yoe certainly have a keen eye for that sort of thing mate, well done again.
  17. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dave,
    Aren't my cheeks red! I see you have things well in hand. I thought you were a bit further along than you really are. Sorry 'bout the pre-mature commnets there! I'm sure you will top this one off!

Jay H.
    OKC
  18. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jay

Dont say sorry, you rightly pointed out a few things that I hadn’t pointed out myself at the beginning, so there isn’t a problem, I hope...... :)

Dave
  19. Excatlon Active Member

Poland
  20. Arminous Member

Hi all!

This one is just great!Go for it and email this pics to LaTorre's site,I'm sure he'd like to expose this one for his WebGallery!

Bravo!
    -Kostas.