1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Controversial! +13 Controversial! Jack the Ripper

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by diamond cutter, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    How about a nicely sculpted viginette of Ian Brady and Myra Hindley? WOW!!!
    Nicely sculpted, painted and photoghraphed
    Unbeleivable
    MCPWilk and Wings5797 like this.
  2. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That is really bad taste DC
  3. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Bad Taste??? How about sculpting a serial killer-Ronald.
    I'll tell you what-Lets sculpt an ss man with a baby on a bayonet or a Cinderella licking a pussy
    If you think Jack the Ripper is in good taste then nothing .
    This used to be a decent pastime with people worth respect
    I might sculpt a dog f@@@g a woman- maybe you will put your brush to it if you can stop your hand from shaking.
    Bad Taste???
    Despicable
    Go to The Basement
  4. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Looks like this thread's going downhill, but I do see diamond cutter's original point.

Jason
  5. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I agree with Diamond Cutter's original point. What is the interest in modelling someone who barbarically and gynaecologically butchered several women?

Mike
  6. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Ye pays ye monies an makes ye choice. Without a doubt it is very well sculpted and presented peice of work-just doubt the subject matter and, as a whore lover, the reasoning
  7. bed172 Active Member

United-States
    I can't believe some of the negative comments about this figure. Especially after seeing nothing but praise for the cinderella vignette. Which I personally think is over the top, but that's just my opinion. It's a well sculpted and very well painted figure. So nothing but praise from me for that. And I've already ordered this figure. It is a dark subject and that's not to everybody's taste. To each his own.
  8. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I see nothing wrong with this figure. Jack the Ripper was an historical person and as Johan posted, this figure is more about the Victorian atmosphere than the serial killer. I think if "Jack" had been sculpted in the act maybe that would be objectionable, I see nothing more objectionable to this figure than if it were an sniper seeking out his next kill
  9. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    A colourfull bottle opener????
  10. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    How about a 75mm sculpture of Peter Sutcliffe driving a screwdriver through the eye of a victim? No difference !!
    The execution (lol) of this sculpture is well done. Indeed, the Romans decimated whole nations but, as a whore lover I find this a distasteful subject. I do wonder what goes through the mind of the fans of it. The subject that is!
    Sweeney Todd-why don' you
  11. bed172 Active Member

United-States
    Man diamond cutter I can't believe how worked up you are over this figure. It's almost as if you're just trying to stir something up. Or maybe your comments are tongue in cheek. I hope that's the case. To quote Mrs. Swan "Take a chill pill!".
  12. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Diamond cutter/Pete, you're joking :LOL:
  13. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Cmon- Bejeezus!!!! Where does it end with this eh???
    jack the hat being stabbed by a Kray ?
    Margeret Thatcher wearing a strap on policy ???
  14. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Is it me;I feel like I am missing something here. Could it be because I am not a Brit??
  15. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Matt
    Could be.
    jack the ripper was a perverted killer of women,
  16. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    A 120mm or maybe (just to get the atmosphere and detail) a 200mm Artic baby seal clubber. Pretty sure that Andrea could come up with a set of paints to depict the blood n gore for you. maybe some MIG pigments that just catch that I slaughtered someting look. Talk about missing the point.....
  17. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Pete,
    I know who Jack the Ripper was but thanks for the clarification:cool:
  18. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    matt
    It's a great sculpt. Maybe a 9/ 11 geezer with a rucksack would clarify it more?
  19. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Introverted decadence
  20. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    That is true.
    And so was your King, Henry VIII. And so were the English army of occupation in France who burned 19-year old Joan of Arc at the stake - she suffered in a much more horrible way, as she was burned alive, and she screamed to high heaven from the pain - note that the perpetrator of the Ripper murders in 1888 first strangled them quickly, and only then started ripping them apart (see evidence of that in the Scotland Yard files).
    Actually the afore mentioned did it in a more hypocrite way than Saucy Jack, he at least didn't need backing up by the law.
    MBD likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.