1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Continental Light Infantry

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by ghamilt1, Aug 24, 2017.

1. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    I've been so busy renovating the kitchen this past month that I've barely had any time for hobbies. So I was especially happy to put the final few touches on this FeR offering the other day. It's the first one of my World Expo souvenirs, and I hope to get a start on the others soon. Now, on to the tile back splash......

21082997_10155702332243023_4413859035220059957_o.jpg 21015806_10155702332248023_1270774087899536673_o.jpg
    21016061_10155702332233023_7189229132559533551_o.jpg 21054978_10155702332238023_8110558187786327603_o.jpg
    Inaki, phil_h, kevininpdx and 22 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Another fine figure very well painted and a great subject choice from FeR as well

Splash back .....superglue ..then it's back to the bench ..lol

Thanks for sharing

Nap

PS Don't forget FOTM !
    stoffy01 and anstontyke like this.
  3. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I once found a Historex infantryman huddled in the fridge ! Best have a quick check while you're about it, eh ?
    OldTaff likes this.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent job.

Marc
  5. Cannonball A Fixture

Super work again. Love the AWI stuff.
  6. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Beautiful paint job Glenn and I love the groundwork. Especially the moss covered tree branch. I'll have to remember that look for some of my future figures.

Well done,
    Ken
  7. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks guys, glad you like it. Ken, the moss was applied using some thinned out white glue and some model railroad "turf". Really easy to do and should be readily available at any shop that caters to the model railroad crowd.
    stoffy01 and Viking Bob like this.
  8. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    You'll have to check out the AWI figure line from FeR. Some really top drawer stuff.
  9. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Love this figure from FeR.
    Superb painting and ground work. I have also pinched the idea with the moss.
    stoffy01 likes this.
  10. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    I like the colours.
    Cheers
    John
  11. mark126804 Active Member

United-States
    Wow, what a fantastic job.
  12. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent painting and super groundwork.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  13. Tony Barton Active Member

United-States
    Very nicely done, but surely not Light Infantry , but Light Cavalry ? Boots and a trumpet suggest a mounted soldier.
  14. Chris Ribchester A Fixture

England
    Splendid work on figure and ground work.

Chris
  15. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    I think you are correct Tony. From the uniform and helmet it looks to be a trumpeter of the 3rd Continental Light Dragoons or Baylor's Horse. They wore white coats with blue facings, and with the usual reversed colours for trumpeters they would be blue coats with white facings.
    Trooper
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a9/84/5c/a9845c07f4fa0accd7e8ab9cf516d0ca.jpg
    Trumpeter
    https://troopsoftime.com/product/awi103-us-continental-3rd-light-dragoons-trumpeter/

Chris
  16. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Glenn, Nicely done!!!! Like the way you pulled off the blue coat! (y)
    I have the same kit on my workbench! One of my favorite Continental Cav Regiments! Thanks for sharing!

Best of Everything, Terry Martin-Member of the Atlanta Miniature Figure Society of Atlanta, GA
  17. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    I just realized I mislabeled my original post! Of course this is a member of the Continental Light Dragoons, not infantry. It even says so on the box it came in! Well, that's on me.
  18. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    What's in a name? Lol, cracking job Glenn.
    stoffy01 likes this.
  19. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent job.
    Phil