1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Continental Infantryman, 1st Maryland, 1781

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by palmielcore, May 21, 2015.

1. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello , here's my new release made for FerMiniatures which belongs to Series: Magna Historica . The materials I used were the mixture of Fimo and Cernit, Milliput Grey and Green Stuff mixed with Milliput .The scale is 1/12.

[IMG]

When I was asked by Fernando , the owner of FerMiniatures , which period I'd like most for a bust I told him very convinced about The American Revolutionary War (1775–1783) because I think it's the most elegant uniform for any military degree, so we've started with this one . We were thinking to put the face of the very well-known singer Sting when he was around 45 so I'm talking about a veteran here. I guess that he has very typical facial features for an anglo-saxon character and that would give better effects to the project. Here's the first step where I've started shaping with the mixture of Cernit and Fimo for the anatomy

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

As you can see a nail in his hands that means that the riffle was already made as a separate piece.

[IMG]
  2. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I like that :)
    palmielcore likes this.
  3. m@rp Active Member

Belgium
    Nice lesson of anatomy. Right size
    Pascal
    palmielcore likes this.
  4. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    palmielcore likes this.
  5. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    I'm liking this! Can't wait for it to be released!

Joe
    palmielcore likes this.
  6. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I have zero interest in the AWI but I have consider buying this based solely on artistic quality.

Colin
    Gaudin and palmielcore like this.
  7. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Very nice, I like this one a lot!
    Scott
    palmielcore likes this.
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    beautifull figure.

marc
    palmielcore likes this.
  9. Helm A Fixture

England
    Very nice work indeed
    Steve
    palmielcore likes this.
  10. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I like it. I want it. I'll take it off your hands!

- Steve
    Rodion and palmielcore like this.
  11. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello again, many thanks for your kind words !
    Here are the pictures for another two steps where I start to make the separations :

I made copies of the head and the hands turning every piece in Milliput from the Fimo+Cernit resins that you've seen at the beginning. The rifle was a white metal pin , anyway something improvised at that moment. The hat is made separately from the start with the brims reinforced by some copper sheets

[IMG]

[IMG]

At this point I added the final piece of the rifle , an Early 2nd Model Brown Bess with its bayonet ( also a separated piece ) . The coat pattern allowed me to make these separations : the hands and the tops of the sleeves will go with the rifle as a single piece so that the body and the left arm result one piece . The right arm will be separated in the next step

[IMG]

[IMG]See you soon
    Mike S. and Rodion like this.
  12. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello , I'm back with new photos . I don't have much to say about these steps just that I was adding the clothing as I had already all the separations made. I'll be back soon,
    My best :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Mike S., Rodion and dArtagnan like this.
  13. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Where is the channel for the ramrod? It appears to disappear into the stock of the musket.

[IMG]
  14. IronMike A Fixture

Love the step by step photos. Nice piece. Thanks for sharing.
  15. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    This is a really nice piece of work,I really like it and the pose is really nice as well
  16. Rodion Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Excellent, it robust sculpture!
  17. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello again, here are the last pictures . Many thanks for your attention and comments. Gary (?), your picture was very useful, many thanks . Here's a link where you can vote : http://www.coolminiornot.com/380438

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Ogr, Rodion, Viking Bob and 1 other person like this.
  18. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
  19. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice. Good SBS photos.