1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Conquistador

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, Nov 1, 2004.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

Included I send you some pics of my latest project. It's a 54mm resin figure by Warriors and the worst resin casting I had to clean up till today: airbubbles (especially between the legs), bad placement of the carriers, parts breaking apart by just looking at them, etc... Luckly I'm now in the fun part of painting this little fellow. The head, sleaves and hands are suppossed to be ready? The leather bag and strap is in base colour.

As always I appreciate all comments, hints and tips.

Greetz,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    The head, sleeves and hands are great Gino. You have come along way since your first figure posted here over a year ago. Keep up the fantastic progress.
  3. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    I agree with Guy - well done so far.

A question : would this type of helmet be appropriate for a Conquistador ? First time I see a Conquistador with a helmet like that, but it's always possible of course ...
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Gino, my friend, excellent job on the face and hands, nice highlights and shadows, but most important you have managed to give him the realistic look of a veteran soldier, tanned and weather-beaten.
    Looking forward to your next step.

Keep up the good work.

Ciao

Roc. :)
  5. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    You are doing great so far Gino, i really like the sleeves and the skin tones of course. Is that oils that you are using? If yes what's your mix? Keep up the good work man.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hai Gino,

I saw him 14 days ago and i find it amazing. It is said to be sayed. But the pic's are not so good as the figure. The blues are amazing. And the face, no words i can find.
    Hope to see him again this evening.

Marc