1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Conquistador, Poste Militaire 70mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Oct 16, 2010.

1. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Great work Tony and yes this is one of the all time favourites by PM......but why did they have to shut down why :(?

Ray ;)
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thank you to everyone who has commented on my Conquistador.:D It's clear from your posts that this PM kit is now a bit old but it still has a timeless quality that makes it a true and beloved "classic" figure.(y)

In the course of painting this figure Keith Durham himself pops up here on pF to give me a pat on the back, which was incredibly inspiring and unexpected.:eek::eek::eek: This has been an enjoyable and satisfying figure to build and paint and it has been a pleasure to share it with my mates here on the Planet.:D

By the way, Gordy reminded me today that this is my 4,000th post on the Planet.:p:p Geez, I need to get a life!!!;)
  3. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    My congratulations on beautiful work! All composition very was pleasant. Has especially amazed the basis. This jungle! It cool!
    Excuse for my bad English
  4. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Well done and yes indeed looks as if it was a joy to paint.Love the ground work in the correct setting.(y)
  5. Keith Durham New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Tony,

The completed figure was well worth waiting for - you've nailed it - the whole thing looks excellent !

Best,

Keith.
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thank you Sergey, I understood your comments perfectly and I really appreciate them. I'm pleased you liked the jungle.:D

Thanks Rob, it was a joy to paint this figure and it seemed to come together so effortlessly. The groundwork and the figure came out better than I could have hoped. Thanks for commenting.(y)

Hi Keith, you gave me the inspiration to go the extra distance with the groundwork and jungle foliage to ensure the Conquistador was set properly, thanks.;) Judging from the comments of fellow Planeteers, this would have to be one of the most popular figures of all time and regarded as a true classic. It's such a pity Poste Militaire isn't still producing such beautiful figures today. :( Thanks for sculpting this wonderful figure all those years ago and for commenting (twice) on my rendition of it. For you to say I nailed it, is praise enough for me. :eek::eek::eek:Cheers
  7. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good work my friend,I like what you did with base!!!
    chris
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Chris,

Thanks very much mate. I'm very pleased you like it and I appreciate your comments.
  9. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    this figure is on my wish list , so i'm happy to see it painted by you .. great painting !! very well done Tony .

cheers

stefano
  10. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Tony,
    Very nicely done and great setting of forest to compliment him.
    Cheers
    John
  11. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Stefano and John,

Thank you both very much for your comments.
  12. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Superbly done Tony! (y)
    Figure and groundwork.

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  13. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Bit late in on this Tony,but a fantastic end result on the figure and groundwork.

Cheers David
  14. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Marcel and David,

I greatly appreciate your comments. It's very satisfying to get such positive feedback.