1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

congrats to the members here...

Discussion in 'Miniature Clubs' started by hsm, May 31, 2010.

1. hsm Member

Canada
    Who were awarded at the IPMS Toronto show on the weekend (torcan 2010).

Some great models and some great paint jobs-and themes! of note was 1/35th scale "bust" neato torpedo.

Grant
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Grant, any pics. or link to the show. Ken
  3. hsm Member

Canada
    Not yet- I didn't take any either, but some shots will show up soon. This was an IPMS show so there was some great figures- in some great dioramas, and then there was the Vignette and figure categories, which were represented very well but in small numbers. I know that a few members of this forum did well. I have a lot of learn'n to do, thats for sure.!
  4. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Hi guys,

While I don't have shots of the Torcan show per se, here's a couple shots of the 1/35 "mini-bust" that Grant was talking about. I'd just finished it for one of the favorite Texans I know (okay, he's the ONLY Texan I know) and I plopped it on the table for display while I helped with the Figure judging at the show:

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG][IMG]

I took a spare Tamiya torso, carved it down to a traditional bust shape and popped an Alpine head on it, sculpting the bandana to hide the gap at the neck. Painting is in oils over acrylics. A simple, fun and quick little project - had a blast doing it.

Cheers,

Brian
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Great little piece.
    Carl.
  6. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Thanks Carl!

Cheers,

Brian
  7. John Bowery A Fixture