1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Confederate Infantry Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys,

Started another bust, this time it is S&T's Confederate Infantryman bust sculpted by Rosengrant. I've painted this one once before and I am excited to see how it turns out this time, once finished I'll show both of them together.

So far only the eyes are painted, they still need some future on them.

More to come soon!

[IMG]
  2. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anders, Definitely one of my all-time favorite Civil War busts! S&T did an excellent job on this one. It has tons of character! Looking forward to seeing yours completed! Your work on the eyes is looking really good. Keep up the good work.

PS, I would love to see them do another ACW bust, but focus on a Wheat's Tiger with optional headgear holding Mississippi Rifle on his shoulder.

Happy Trails, Terry Martin
  3. jaime Member

Spain
    Anders, eyes are real. Have you used photoshop? :lol:

Excellent work.... looking forward more pictures

Hasta luego

Jaime
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Terry,

I agree, this is a really nice bust! One really could convert this one too a little and add a kepi. I think I will do a butternut shell jacket instead of the standard gray that you see all the time. I guess it depends on Leigh as I am painting it for him.

Jaime,

Haha, yeah you caught me! Used PS all the way :lol:

Acctually if I did that I would have made the right eye look a little better then it does and the pupils acctually round.
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Anders,the eyes look alive, good work buddy.(y)

Cheers,

Roc. :)
  6. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Well painted, those eyes. (y) I watched your previous work as well, you are not only a very fast painter but also a very good painter.

I've only heard about S&T products, how is the quality
    of their resin figures? Its just that I like their civil war infantrymen ...(both by B. Stewart I believe) ;) .
  7. Pete_H New Member

Good job on the eyes. I like the depth of color. What combination of blues did you use?
  8. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Thanks! I think the eyes are one of the most important aspects of any figure, especially busts so I try to pay a little more attention to them.

The mix I used was White eyeballs which was given a wash of Va 814 Cad Umber Red, then a the whites were painted over this again with Va 928 Light Flesh. The dark iris was painted with Andrea Preussian blue with a tad of Andrea Nappy Blue. The first lighter shade was same mix with more nappy added. The third with a lot of nappy added and the swooshes with some white added to the last mix. The pupil is pure black and the catchlight pure white. Sounds a lot more complicated then it really is and it don't take but a few minutes to paint the eyes.

S&T's figures are great, their castings are top notch. I got one of their 54's, a 120mm and a couple of busts and they have all been pretty much flawless, this bust did have a couple of airbubbles under the surface but nothing major. They are highly reccomended!
  9. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Wow very real eyes, I like this bust too. S&T is definetly good.
  10. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Great job anders.Those eyes look darn good!!

Stephen Mallia
  11. Brad S Member

Another great start Anders. I've only seen this bust painted by Marion Ebensperger/Ball. It will be nice to see it painted by someone else. You are definetly worthy of the task.

Brad Spelts