1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

confederate gunner

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by y_wong, Mar 10, 2004.

1. y_wong New Member

I am new to this forum and would like to take this opportunity to share with all what I have done recently. I have painted a figure which I had re-sculpted. It is to be part of my diorama which I am working on at the moment.

For more pictures, you may want to visit my personal site at http://sg.geocities.com/y_wong62/

regards

PS I am sure whether the pic I posted is successful. Hope it does. If not please pardon me.

Attached Files:

2. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi Wong Yau It's good to finally see you on the "planet";I was wondering when you would appear Saw my stuff on the "workbench" yet ? As you can see,I'm into other periods of history now(no longer the WW II German stuff !)My current project is an American Indian one.Drop me an e-mail or phone when you have the time,won't you ? Once again,welcome;it's nice to have a fellow countryman here in this place.Cheers !
    Kenneth

BTW,saw your stuff "in the flesh" before,they look good !!
  3. y_wong New Member

Hey Kenneth, I have seen your recent work (indian + clock) in the forum, they are good. Keep up the good work and looking forward to more of your stuffs.

Take care. :biggrin:
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Welcome to the planet Wong!

Your Civil War figures are looking great, are you going to scratch the gun also?
  5. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks for the positive comments,Wong Yau;I really appreciate it Perhaps we can meet-up one of these days and compare notes like during the ol' IPMS days.Cheers !
    Kenneth
  6. y_wong New Member

Dear Anders,

You can view the 12 pounder in my website. It should be under the confederate page. It is a stock kit from Verlinden which I painted quite some time ago.

regard
  7. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Welcome Wong!

-jim cox
  8. y_wong New Member

I am glad to be in such hospitable company.

regards
  9. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Very nice fig and site.

Love the white shirt shadows and highlights. Can you share your mixes?

Keith
  10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Wong,
    welcome to our humble Planet.

Roc.
  11. y_wong New Member

Dear Keith,

The paints that I used is Vallejo acrylics. The mixes for the white shirt is white, light grey, brown and yellow. The shirt is painted off white (lots of white, light grey and very little brown and yellow). The shades are done using white with a little tint of the darker colours mentioned. I applied them using the glazing technique. Finally I finished it off with some gentle dry bushing with white.

Dear Roc: Hello to you!

Regards