1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Confederate Figure Done !

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Jan 24, 2004.

1. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi everyone :lol: The figure is finally done Here's the results.Comments,please Thanks and cheers (y) Kenneth.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi everyone :lol: The figure is finally done Here's the results.Comments,please Thanks and cheers (y) Kenneth.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks good Ken. What is the flag made of?

Jason
  4. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks good Ken. What is the flag made of?

Jason
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth!

Nice job! He is very similar to the painting (y) Wow, and that was fast too!
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth!

Nice job! He is very similar to the painting (y) Wow, and that was fast too!
  7. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Anders and Jason :lol: Thank you very much for your kind comments.
    Jason,the flag is made up of thinly rolled 2-part epoxy putty.I made it thin enough such that gravity did the work for me of stretching the flag into shape
    Anders,right now is the Chinese New Year holidays,so I had some time on my hands to finish the figure. I must thank Jason Whitman for providing the Vallejo acrylic paint mix for the flesh areas and the inspiration to complete the figure.Thanks,Jason (y) You guys on the "planet" have certainly inspired me to go further with my figure work and I hope to post more stuff here.Thanks once again and cheers :lol:
    Kenneth.
  8. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Anders and Jason :lol: Thank you very much for your kind comments.
    Jason,the flag is made up of thinly rolled 2-part epoxy putty.I made it thin enough such that gravity did the work for me of stretching the flag into shape
    Anders,right now is the Chinese New Year holidays,so I had some time on my hands to finish the figure. I must thank Jason Whitman for providing the Vallejo acrylic paint mix for the flesh areas and the inspiration to complete the figure.Thanks,Jason (y) You guys on the "planet" have certainly inspired me to go further with my figure work and I hope to post more stuff here.Thanks once again and cheers :lol:
    Kenneth.
  9. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth,

Nice work. I look forward to seeing more from you. What do you have in plan for any future figures? I think if you just keep looking and asking questions your work can't help but to improve. I know first hand that the site has helped me tremendously! (y)

Joe
  10. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth,

Nice work. I look forward to seeing more from you. What do you have in plan for any future figures? I think if you just keep looking and asking questions your work can't help but to improve. I know first hand that the site has helped me tremendously! (y)

Joe
  11. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Joe Thank you very much for your kind comments.Yes indeed,joining the "planet" has certainly inspired me to go further with my modelling,what with all the talented people that regularly post their work here(inclusive of yourself,Joe )Well,at the back page of Don Troiani's excellent book on the American Civil War,there is a pencil sketch of a Union soldier handing a hard-tack biscuit to a seated Confederate trooper entitled :"From American To American"(see attached photo)

[IMG]

I seriously thinking of making this little vignette as my next project.However,I'm at a loss as to how I can get hold of American Civil War type equipment for the troopers in the sketch.Any ideas I'm sure this scene has never been done before(at least not that I know of !)Your input will be greatly appreciated,Joe.Thanks,once again.
    Kenneth
    (Oh,by the way,I hope to do it in 54mm scale.)
  12. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Joe Thank you very much for your kind comments.Yes indeed,joining the "planet" has certainly inspired me to go further with my modelling,what with all the talented people that regularly post their work here(inclusive of yourself,Joe )Well,at the back page of Don Troiani's excellent book on the American Civil War,there is a pencil sketch of a Union soldier handing a hard-tack biscuit to a seated Confederate trooper entitled :"From American To American"(see attached photo)

[IMG]

I seriously thinking of making this little vignette as my next project.However,I'm at a loss as to how I can get hold of American Civil War type equipment for the troopers in the sketch.Any ideas I'm sure this scene has never been done before(at least not that I know of !)Your input will be greatly appreciated,Joe.Thanks,once again.
    Kenneth
    (Oh,by the way,I hope to do it in 54mm scale.)
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Love your work Kenneth Believe me, we all have benifited from your joining the Planet with your inspirational work...........Please keep posting as we really enjoy and admire what you do...........splendid (y)
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Love your work Kenneth Believe me, we all have benifited from your joining the Planet with your inspirational work...........Please keep posting as we really enjoy and admire what you do...........splendid (y)
  15. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth!

For the equipment and stuff like that check out Shennendoah Miniatures, they produce some really nice civil war figures and accessories.
  16. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth!

For the equipment and stuff like that check out Shennendoah Miniatures, they produce some really nice civil war figures and accessories.
  17. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Outstanding Kenneth,

you say "finally"... FINALLY!?!?! that was record time !

next time how about some in progress!
  18. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Outstanding Kenneth,

you say "finally"... FINALLY!?!?! that was record time !

next time how about some in progress!
  19. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth,

Thanks for the very nice words. I am jealous that you are going to do this little gem ;) I would have loved to have tried it but wait a minute it is a historical piece . Really, I think it will be something really nice and Anders beat me to it, Shenandoah is the best place to find the accessories. I know the Red Lancers carries them here in the states. Here is the web site and Paul Clarke the owner is a Great guy to work with. I have had several dealings with him and he is one of the Best! (y)

http://www.shenandoahmin.com/

Joe
  20. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth,

Thanks for the very nice words. I am jealous that you are going to do this little gem ;) I would have loved to have tried it but wait a minute it is a historical piece . Really, I think it will be something really nice and Anders beat me to it, Shenandoah is the best place to find the accessories. I know the Red Lancers carries them here in the states. Here is the web site and Paul Clarke the owner is a Great guy to work with. I have had several dealings with him and he is one of the Best! (y)

http://www.shenandoahmin.com/

Joe