1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Confederate Artillery Officer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MikkoH, Mar 26, 2006.

1. MikkoH Member

Finland
    Hello folks!

Here's my latest sculpting. It's on progress so any comments are very wellcome. It's 1/35 scale with Wolf's head. Sorry abt the quality of the pics(again).

Attached Files:

2. MikkoH Member

Finland
    Another pic.

Attached Files:

3. MikkoH Member

Finland
    one more

Attached Files:

4. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    The pics are bit small, but so far from what I can see, it looks great. If it were a commercial figure, I would certainly buy it and that is the standard I use for all sculpts. I might be bias though as this my fav subject.
  5. kenb Member

Hi mikkoh

figure looks good ,you may want to look at his right leg to me it looks

that it may be turned outward slightly too much see what the other guys think
    it may be that im seeing something thats not there

but good work keep it up .

btw why use commercial head I think your sculpting the hardest part of a figure
    already so if your intimidated with the thought of sculping a head dont be
    your work clearly shows your capable

cheers ken
  6. MikkoH Member

Finland
    Thank you Matthew, you are very kind saying that! I have more civil war figs coming.

Thank you Ken. I don't know if it's pic making tricks abt the leg. I tried pose myself and it felt natural. And abt those heads, I have had those heads long time and finally trying to do something with em. But I have to disagree with you, to me sculpting body is easiest part of figure modelling and head hardest. Well I heven't been brave enough trying to sculp one but perhaps some day. :)

Cheer Mikko
  7. Bill Mayo New Member

Must agree with Ken that you are certainly qualified to sculpt your own heads!

Your artillery officer looks great.
  8. MikkoH Member

Finland
    Well thank you Bill, you are too kind! :) I'm posting more pics later today.

Cheers Mikko