1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Condederate Soldiers

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by rafaelega, Oct 24, 2004.

1. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    another pic...

Attached Files:

2. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Last one...

Rafa

Attached Files:

3. Alex M. Active Member

Canada
    Rafael,

Great work !! I've loved following this sbs, it's going to look absolutely fantastic when it's finished !
    Your colours have been a great inspiration as i'm about to start my first ACW figure, a reb to boot !!

hope to see more,

-Alex
  4. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Alex,

Thanks a lor for your kind comments.

Rafa
  5. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Ok. I just finished the three soldiers. I attach the last figure results.... Next week I will try to solve the groundwork.

Regards,

Rafa

Attached Files:

6. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    OK, now we are try to do something with the groundwork. I attach the tree progress....

Attached Files:

7. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Now I add ivy on the tree and also some plants.
    Wait your comments

Attached Files:

8. y_wong New Member

Dear Rafael,

I am enjoying your SBS and the painting of your figures looks good. I am looking forward the building up of your groundwork.

If I may, I have a slight comment regarding the tree. You may want to consider adding or sculpting some roots at the base of the tree trunk. I believe that trees tend to be thicker at the base and taper upwards.

regards :)
  9. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Wong,

Thanks a lot for your comments. You are in true, I'll try to add some roots without to spoil the ivy.

Thanks again,

Rafa
  10. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Hi all. I add the tree progress. I have added some Scale Link photoetch leafs and also made some minor changes adding some roots (thanks Wong Yau for your suggestion!)

The next step will be to add some epoxy putty for making a better transition between photoetch and the branches.

I wait for your comments

Regards,

Rafa

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. y_wong New Member

Dear Rafael,

Your vignette is taking shape and it looks good. Very well done ground work. Looking forward to its completion.

regards :)
  12. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Rafael,

I must have missed this one. This is looking really nice and the groundwork is really taking shape. Look forward to seeing it all come together.

Joe
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Super work Rafa...........good work on that tree........look forward to seeing it all come together
  14. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Wong Yau, Joe, Guy, Thanks a lot for your kind comments.

I also count the days for seeing all together.

Rafa
  15. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Rafael, my friend, what can I say that hasn't already been said,Your vignette is looking great. ;)

Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to your next step.

Ciao

Roc. :)
  16. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks great so far, Rafa! Can't wait to see it come together.
  17. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Jason, Roc,

Thank a lot for your encouragement.

Rafa
  18. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rafael...I just caught up on your beautiful vignette and looked at your in progress pictures, this is looking very nice and just goes to show what can be done with these marvellous figures..

I have some shenandoah figures here and your work has encouraged me to see how I can use them in a small setting of my own.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Roy.
  19. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Roy, I appreciate very much your kindly words. Let me know if you need something with your shenandoah figures.

Thanks again,

Rafa
  20. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Dear Gray,

I agree with your comments about the base of the tree trunk, but I do not agree in all your comments about the roots. It is difficult to say when something is real and something is not real ;) . I locate several samples in USA and in several states.

In deed it is true that the roots supports the tree in the underground but you must consider that the support roots can be exposed by erosion and another factors. In more cases the erosion do that, specially in soils areas with sand and rocks. The erosion agents can be air, rain, and also the man. This can be possible mainly in old trees.

Gray, thanks again for your comments and also for the figures I am using in this vignette and you sent me from Colorado Miniatures. You really are a very good "supporter".

About the leeves yes, those are the Scale-Link oak leaves.

Regards,

Rafa

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]