1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Condederate Soldiers

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by rafaelega, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Manfred Active Member

I like the strengthened shadows. Looks better to me.

I vote for the tree :)

Edited for spelling ;)
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Rafa, Very nice. I like the Shenandoad figure kine. If I may make a suggestion, if the figures are Confederate you may want to remove the bugle on the kneeling figure's forage cap. This item was a regulation item for the Union army and they would most likely become a rare item to see on a cap as the war went on.~Gary
  3. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Gary,

Thanks a lot for your words. You are in right; as you can see in the pics the kneeling figure is fixed with "blue tac" only for composition purposes (of course I must remove the bugle). Thanks a lot for this comment. by the way ¿What do you think about the tree?

Rafa
  4. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Manfred. Thanks a lot. Score now is tree 2 - bush 1

Rafa
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Rafa, I would go with the tree.~Gary
  6. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    I am in process with the second soldier. I attach some pics with the head painted (not as good as the other figure).

Rafa

Attached Files:

7. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Another pic...

Attached Files:

8. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Gary, thanks for vote TREE. With the Gray vote the score is TREE=4 - Bush=1

(Oops...Bush is losing!) :lol:
  9. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Gray.

Thanks a lot for your comments. I think it is very usefull. Could you tell me what kind of tree appears in the pic?
    I was looking Bayardi accesories (I did not locate it at Colorado Miniatures) and I locate this one (attach a pic).

Rafa

Attached Files:

10. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    OK, do you know any web site with Horan examples?

Rafa
  11. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Gray,

Thank you very much for this excellent example.

Rafa
  12. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Hi,

I have begun the process of making my first tree. The scene will have one "big" tree and al least another one more thin. I plan to integrate some branches into the trunks with photoetch leaves and some little bushes.

I attach two pics with the "big tree". Please let me know your comments.

Rafa

Attached Files:

13. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Another detail pic...

Attached Files:

14. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Rafael, your vignette is coming along nicely, you are doing a good job,I'm looking forward to your next step. ;)

Keep up the good work.

Roc :)
  15. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Roc my friend. Thanks a lot for your encouragement.

Rafa
  16. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Now that's an interesting picture, Gray ... seems to me that they pretty much left the place untouched as it was then ? It still looks like what you see in many diorama's and paintings.

... Well, what a difference with Waterloo ... :eek:
  17. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    I attach a pic with the "injured" figure. You can see the jacket and trouser. I am very disappointed with the jacket work; I think this is too dark and also I must add a lot of shadows and "highlights". Please, let me know your oppinion about it and how to improve the results.

About the trousers I have painted a "butternut" pseudo-color. I tried to make more contrast in the trousers (mainly for avoinding the people look at the jackett ;) ).
    Please, let me know also your opinion about it.

Thx,

Rafa

Attached Files:

18. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Gray,

Thanks for your help. You are right: probably I must retouch some highlights.

By the way, you must note that this figure is composed by the Shenandoah Miniatures SH-C38 Confederate, Lying Down Part#: SH-C38 with a new head, both from your shop.
  19. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Hi all.
    This is my second try with the injured man. Please let me know your opinion about it.

Rafa

Attached Files:

20. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    second pic...

Attached Files: