1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Comming soon from Elite Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    News from Elite is a new figure by Derek Hansen

70mm white metal
    sculpted by Derek Hansen
    painted by Jose Hernandez

[IMG]

[IMG]

Elite Miniatures
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    additional photos

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That is a great sculpted and painted figure.

My grey army is getting bigger than i always thought it would't be.
    So i be a good boy and let this go with pain in my hart.

Marc
  4. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    That's an old Poste Militaire figure isn't? I got it back then when PM was at it's best. Great figure, highly recommended.

Xenofon
  5. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Darn it, I thought it was something new and exciting.
  6. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    No Steven not a new one but a welcomed re-release of a classic. I believe this was one of a set of 6 Franco Prussian War pieces that Derek did years ago. IMHO, the sculpting is as good as anything we see today. I have two (Prussian Uhlan and the Bavarian Jager) in my grey army that I will not part with. This is the thrid piece of the group that I have been trying to pick up for sometime. I guess the wait is over ;)
  7. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    I totally agree, Paul. I was just hoping that Derek Hansen was back in the business. He was (is?) one of the most talented sculptors the hobby has ever seen.
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Indeed Derek is one of a kind . I have one of his PM French Line Infantry that was rereleased also as Elite . Great work in all these figures. So i get to have this one also !!!!!!
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I'm sure there is an article on this fig in an old Mil Mod mag. If anyone is interested I'll see if I can find it.

Roger.
  10. nagashino New Member

Hi All

Yes, a re-release of Derek Hansen's original Poste Militaire figure. I have it somewhere in the grey army.

Last I heard Derek wasn't much involved in figures but is painting in oils on canvas. I bet he's good at that too!

So how many of the original FPW set has Elite re-released now? There were quite a few pieces altogether as I recall.

Phil
  11. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Phil

I know the following have been released by Elite.

11th Uhlans (DH-7013)
    French 77th Line Infantry (DH-7014)
    9th Bavarian Jagers (DH-7018)
    1st Zouaves (ST-7009)

I am also sure I have seen the French Tiralleur (sp? The North African colonial troop) somewhere recently but whether it was by Elite, I don't know. Although I haven't seen one for sometime, I do remember there being another French figure, one of a fully kited trooper standing in a casual pose.
  12. mahross New Member

Derek originally did 5 FPW figures for PM. They were:

- French Line Infantry
    - Prussian Uhlan
    - The above Dragoon
    - Algerian Tiralleur
    - Bavarian Jager

So far we have the first three from Elite, so hopefully we will get the other two. Derek's sixth figure for PM was a Roman Legionaire.

Its great to see that we are not losing these fantastic figures.

Ross
  13. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Ross. You are right. The Zoauve is by Stefano Cannone. Now to add the Dragoon to my Christmas list. ;)
  14. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    This is most CERTIANLY top 5 list material! :lol: Without a doubt, I'll get this. I came into the hobby fairly recently so I missed a chance to get this figure wheb it originally came out but will not miss the opprotunity again ;) .

Jim Patrick