1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Coming soon from D-Day Miniature Studio

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Zastrow.cuirassier, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Zastrow.cuirassier A Fixture

France
    Coming soon from a truly dynamic and innovative brand:
    1/35° resin , sculpted by Pawel Krasicki
    No real title at the instant :
    [IMG]

This is a special edition 1/35 set prepared for Les Feles Show in Belgium this weekend. It consists of a Belgian Nurse, wounded BEF soldier, Chasseur Ardennais and Belgian infantryman (Belgium 1940).
    More information will be available from :
    https://www.facebook.com/ddayminiature/

Just for information

The Bataillon de Chasseurs Ardennais (French: "Ardennes Chasseur Battalion") is an infantry formation in the Land Component of the Belgian Armed Forces. The unit, currently at battalion strength, is a part of the Medium Brigade.
    Within the context of military history, the French language term chasseur (literally "hunter") usually denotes light or mounted infantry.
    A platoon of Chasseurs Ardennais parading in Bastogne
    The unit was formed in 1933 when the 10th Regiment of the Line was renamed the Regiment de Chasseurs Ardennais, which it remained until 2011 when it was reduced to a battalion. It is named after, and based in, the heavily forested and hilly Ardennes region of Belgium.
    The origin of the Chasseurs Ardennais starts with a concept conceived in 1914 by Colonel Bremer and pushed further by General Hellebaut in 1928: the creation of a corps on the east border of Belgium, near Germany, in order to protect against a German attack.

On 10 March 1933, King Albert I changed the unit's name from 10e de ligne to Régiment des Chasseurs Ardennais. Subsequently these soldiers, stationed in Arlon, Belgium would wear the wild boar (emblem of the Ardennes) on their green berets. One regiment was not enough to hold the east lines, so in August 1934, the regiment was divided into three and a bicycle battalion was added. On 24 March 1937, three regiments were created: 1st, 2nd and 3rd Régiment des Chasseurs Ardennais they were located in Arlon, Bastogne and Vielsalm. Each unit was structured with one HQ battalion, three battalions to three companies of mixed cyclists (three packs of riflemen and three packs of MG) one motorcycle company each with each three motorbike squadrons, and one squadron with three T15 tanks; one company with four T-13 tanks armed with 47mm antitank cannons; and finally one medical company. On July 1 1939, these were formed into a division. Following the mobilization of the Belgian Army in late 1939 this division comprised 35,000 men, and a second division of three more regiments was created.

Second World War
    In World War II the Chasseurs Ardennais took part in heavy fighting after Belgium was invaded on 10 May 1940; the Germans noted the fierce resistance of the Belgians and the Chasseurs Ardennais were no exception. In one engagement a 47mm antitank gun destroyed or disabled five German tanks.They fought so bravely that German general Erwin Rommel said : "They are not men, they are green wolves".
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  2. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice idea, but according to your refs the Chasseur's beret should be a darker colour (black?)
  3. Zastrow.cuirassier A Fixture

France
    the plate is partly false or badly reproduced, the beret hunters of the Ardennes is green, here are the photos of a real beret of this time:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    But I think that our Belgian friends of this forum will have more information than me!
    Huw63 likes this.
  4. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Re beret colour: I was going off the photos more than the plate :unsure:

They definitely look darker than the uniform in the photos, but I agree, not as dark as the black of the plate (hence my putting the ?).

The real thing is a surprisingly bright green, as the links below confirm: perhaps that particular shade of green comes out darker in B/W photos?

https://www.mil.be/fr/article/chass...2011/07/regiment-des-chasseurs-ardennais.html
  5. Warren SMITH Well-Known Member

Australia
    Very interesting figures.. Not convinced by the nurse wearing the Adrian helmet ?
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    She still had that helmet in 1944! :D

[IMG]
  7. Pavka Well-Known Member

Poland
    Indeed Billy, this photo was an inspiration for nurse with this helmet, I think she found this helmet already in 1940 :D. Thank you Zastrow for presenting my figures and kind words about my company, I am doing what I can :happy:
    Cheers
    Pawel
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Why wouldn't a nurse on or near the front lines grab a helmet if there was one lying around?! Seems like a perfectly logical and sensible thing to do in a combat zone!

- Steve
  9. PLG Well-Known Member

Unusual subjects, really like the nurse wearing a helmet.
  10. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  11. Zastrow.cuirassier A Fixture

France
    For information about " Les chasseurs Ardennais " uniform.
    Pictures of historical reconstructions.
    I think these people have taken to heart to be closer to the reality of this period (1940)
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Huw63 and Mirofsoft like this.