1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Color for Macedonian

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Excatlon, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Excatlon Active Member

Poland
    HI

Soon i will be painting this figure and i want to paint it in black (helmet and cloak) it is possible to paint this figure in that color??

[IMG]
  2. Einion Well-Known Member

Crest yes, but please God not the helmet itself! Impressive as the paintwork on the boxart is unless I'm sorely mistaken there's zero evidence for painted (?) or covered (?) helmets among the Greeks; pretty much the opposite it fact as they write of the armour glittering and sparkling in the sun.

Strangely enough the mounting of the horsehair, just about the only part actually depicted as bronze here, might actually be painted (they could be made from wood).

Historically black is thought to have been a difficult colour to achieve (in dyeing, not for paint) so if you want to aim for accuracy I would avoid it without specific evidence to suggest the colour.

If you want to look for a little more historical detail I'd try asking on MedRom, someone there should be more up on the subject.

Einion
  3. Excatlon Active Member

Poland
    thanks if you can it would be nice:D

best regards
  4. Einion Well-Known Member

5. Excatlon Active Member

Poland