1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Colonel General Kornilov Shock Division

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mahross, Mar 17, 2006.

1. mahross New Member

This is one my latest projects. Roy kindly cast one off for me. If memory serves me right Roy sculpted it about 4 - 5 years ago. It's superb. It is based on this illustration from the Osprey book on the White armies of the Russian Civil War.

[IMG]

This is what i have done so far.

[IMG]

I know the phot is crap but you do get an idea of the painting so far.

Ross :eek:
  2. mahross New Member

Here is a pic of the raw casting by Roy. As usual from Roy the bust is superb.

[IMG]

Ross
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ross, That's one of my favorite Osprey title (the plate at least anyay). The Russian Army in WW1 title is a good one for figures/busts also. Post a few more pics.~Gary
  4. mahross New Member

Gary - I haven't got anymore pics, but i will try and do a blow up of the head on Photoshop.

Ross
  5. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Yes Ross...go for it....paint some more...I've never seen this painted before.
    Any titles where Andrei Karatchouk has done the artwork are very inspiring...c'mon and paint some more :)

Nice work so far mate...Roy.
  6. nagashino New Member

Hello Ross

Nice work so far mate. Have you seen this version.....

[IMG]

The El Viejo Dragon one. I enjoyed it, and they do a nice Red Army artillery officer from the same artist.

I've got one of these busts, courtesy Roy, but it's got as far as undercoat and stalled :(

Cheers

Phil
  7. Bill Mayo New Member

Interesting subject. The bust looks terrific!