1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Cold, Ain't It !

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, May 23, 2006.

1. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Kenneth
    Nice job Sculpture you have given a good sense of the cold :)

MAB
  2. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi Maurizio !
    Thank you very much for the encouragement ; your opinion is highly valued :lol: !!! Cheers !
    Kenneth :) .
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kenneth, (y)~Gary
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks, Gary !!!
    Kenneth.
  5. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth, this is one of your better pieces. Something is bothering me about the ankles of the figure though. He is leaning forward, but his ankles are straight. I also think he appears a off balance. The plate your working from has the figure in an up and down pose so the legs together as they are in the plate are fine. Leaning forward as your figure stands will be an uncomfortable pose to strike for any length of time. However, it is your best rendition of drapery to date IMO. Keep it up, every piece gets better than the last.
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Great stuff, Kenneth! The folds in the coat and the fur are particularly nice. The off-balance pose and slightly turned head "sell" the idea that he's cold. The next thing he'd probably do is straighten up and stamp his feet a few times. :)

All the best,
    Dan
  7. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi John :lol: !
    Thank you very much for the positive comments; I really appreciate them !!! The colour-plate illustration was only meant to be reference for uniform details and not for pose. However, your point about the ankles and the "off-balance" posture had be thinking again. You're right, John, it did seem a little "off" when I actually tried the pose myself. Well, I "tweeked" the ankles a bit and added more details to the trouser cuffs to make it more in line with the illustration. Here then is the result. As always, thanks for looking and cheers !
    Kenneth.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  8. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi Dan !
    Thank you very much for the encouragement, my friend; I really appreciate it :lol: ! I'm glad you like the details on the fur jacket; it's something that I've always wanted to do since I saw the illustration in the booklet. As for the pose, you must be "psychic" :eek: , my friend, as that was what I meant to portray by the pose ! However, after taking John Long's observations into consideration, I decided to modify the ankle position slightly and detail the trouser cuffs a bit. The results are in the post above. I think that the trooper looks more "comfortable" now :lol: . Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  9. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Hi Kenneth,

sculpting is terrific as always , but havne't you gone back to the dark side...:)

Rgds Vic
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Ah well, the colour-plate was too tempting to resist :lol: !!! Cheers !
    Kenneth.