1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Cold, Ain't It !

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, May 23, 2006.

1. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi guys :lol: !
    My recent family commitments sort of prevented me from finishing my "Prussian Liberty" vignette for the moment, so I decided to "ease" my modelling "withdrawal pangs" ;) by sculpting another figure. This is based on the following colour-plate found in a Russian-text booklet on "Operation Begration" in Budapest 1945 by the Russian forces against the Germans during WW2. The head is from Hornet, with the fur-lined headgear taken from another Hornet spare head set. The boots are Verlinden spares from my spares box. The usual putty-mix, wire-armature method was used to construct the figure. Now the next step is to figure out the groundwork for the figure :) ! Thanks for looking and cheers !
    Kenneth.

The source of my inspiration:
    [IMG]

The figure:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kenneth, your figure is coming along nicely. The only thing I would do is fill out the trousers a bit more. They look good the way they are but would look more like what the figure is wearing if filled out a bit.~Gary
  3. Ray Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth,
    I'm with Gary on this one, the trousers could probably stand to be bulked up a bit especially as they were probably worn as over-trousers, with standard uniform trousers underneath. ;) Course, I'm no expert and your figure is great no matter. I just hope he doesn't get too cold and become brittle or he'll break the first time he's touched. At what temperature do bearded soldiers freeze solid anyway?

Ray
  4. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth

Warriors Scale Models,produces this figure,it is sculpted by Tony Williams. have a great day.Mrosko
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth, looks really nice, looking forward to seeing it painted.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  6. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Gary !
    Thanks for the encouragement and observation; I really appreciate them ! Yeah, I sorta figured the trousers were a little on the "thin" side but I wasn't too sure on that then. I'll get right on it this evening and post the results when I'm done. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  7. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hey Ray :) !
    Thanks ever so much for the positive feedback !!! Like I mentioned to Gary, I'll bulk-up the trousers this evening after work and post the results when I'm done. As to what temperature such soldiers "freeze solid", I'll have to check with Fritz here and get back to you :lol: :lol: !!!
    Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  8. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Chris !
    Yes, I knew that Warriors did such a figure in their range. I just wanted to do my own version of it myself. Thanks and cheers !
    Kenneth :lol: .
  9. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Roc, my friend, THANK YOU very much for the encouragement; I really appreciate that :) . Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol: .
  10. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Kenneth

It is a nice looking figure and when I see it, I can feel how cold it is there.

I will send you a mail with some questions about the sculpting.

Ulrich
  11. tefaet Active Member

Spain
    Looks very nice I wait the next step.
    Regards
  12. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hey Kenneth my friend , that's a really nice figure so far... I really like your way of sculpting. I can't wait to see this fella painted.

Xenofon
  13. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Ulrich !
    Thank you very much for the compliments; I really appreciate them !!! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  14. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Luis !
    Thanks for the encouragement !!! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  15. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Xenofon, my friend, THANK YOU very much for the compliments !!! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  16. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi guys :lol: !
    Well, I took Gary's and Ray's advice and "bulked-up" the trousers of the figure. Here then is the results of my efforts. As always, thanks for looking. Cheers !
    Kenneth :) .

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  17. Excatlon Active Member

Poland
    looking forward to finish good work
  18. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thanks alot, Damian ! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  19. Ray Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth,
    That's great, you can almost see the uniform trousers underneath now. This is really a nice figure you've made, he's bound to look great standing in some snow and ice.

Ray
  20. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Ray :) !
    Thank you very much ! It's GREAT guys like yourself on the "planet" that helps me to improve on my modelling skills :lol: !!! I'm still working on the groundwork at the moment, so ol' Schultz here will be able to stay "warm" for a bit longer ;) . Cheers !
    Kenneth.