1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Close-ups - "Volgor" The Skull Hunter

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Close-ups

Ulrich had asked me for some close-ups of Volgor. I had taken some and never posted them. The figure is painted with Floquil Model Railroad enamels and Humbrol enamels. Occasionally I use Volajo acrylics for small areas or metals. The hair is deer hair purchased from Bass Pro Shops.

The green skin is shaded with Weathered black and coach green with a small amount of white added to the mix. The final highlights are done with Coach green and white dry-brushed carefully across the high areas of the skin.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

All comments / questions welcomed

Thanks for looking
  2. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks Guy.

These pictures shows for me how you have painting Volgor. I can see better where you have used shades and highlights.

What have you used for the coat. It looks like brush-hair.

And Volgor has a nice tongue :)

Ulrich
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    The Hair comming from underneath his helmet behind the head is Hair from "American Whitetail Deer. The fur below the cape is casted into the figure by the sculpter. I dry-brushed accross it to bring out the detail.

The tongue is red highlighted with polish crimson and Humbrol satin coat after it dried.

Hope this answers your question.

Attached Files:

4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks very good Guy!
    christos
  5. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks Guy.

So now I must come to America to find a "American Whitetail Deer" ;)

It is a good idea to use such things and so I must contact a hunter here in Germany to get some hair from "German Deer"

Ulrich
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Here in the States we have "Bass Pro Shops" where anglers can buy fishing / hunting supplies and they also carry a complete line of "fly fishing" supplies in which they carry different colors of "deer hair". Its amazing what different supplies they carry for people to make their own lures for fishing.
  7. Brent Fordham New Member

Canada
    The fly fishing supply stores also carry fine diameter lead wire (similar properties as solder) which is great for detailing.