1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Close-up / Cowboy

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, May 8, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I took out the desktop tri-pod I purchased when I bought the camers and was able to get a steadier focus and picture. Still alot to learn with the new camera.

Dan - It is off auto-focus and relies strictly on the settings I have come to at this point.

Thanks for the feedback guys............it helps the learning process.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Guy, there is not much to improve with the camera.
    The depth off sharpeness is less when you get closer. The only thing to get sharp from front to back is with a little diafragma f 16 maybe f 22.
    Maybe you can set another diafragma on the camera. The shutter speed is getting longer when the diagframa is getting smaller.
    That is why a tripod is needed. Another thing what is gotta be bigger, is a large amount of light. The more light, the shorter the shutter speed.

Hope this helpe's you someway.

Marc
  3. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ahhh That's more like it.Great pics and great figure :lol:

Stephen Mallia
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Very nice guy, the facial tones are very convincing, you've captured the tan and rustic look of thge Old West.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Roc. :)
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Oh yeah! That's more like it! Now I can see the ol' cowpoke! That's great, Guy!

all the best,
    Dan
  6. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Great work Guy (y)

And the pictures are much better.

All the best

Jacek
  7. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    MUCH BETTER,Guy (y) (y) !! Thanks for posting them. Cheers!
    Kenneth :lol:
  8. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guy,

These are best pictures from you, I think you have the hang of it. :) I like the vest on this one.

Joe
  9. Calvin Member

Guy, the only thing you need at this point, in my opinion, is only a photoshop'ed background... ;)
  10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Joe & Calvin

Calvin - I priced the photoshop program and ouch!!!! I'll have to stay with my Paint Shop Pro for the time being.
  11. Calvin Member

Yes, I know...
    If you have a picture you would like to put as background, just send it (lpiergentili@yahoo.com).
    Ciao
  12. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Luca...........I may just look around and see what I can find.
  13. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Guy - Best pics from you yet. Really helps us to see the quality of your work.

Try a few different shade backgrounds. I bought some matte paper boards at the local craft store. May be a slightly darker back ground to bring out that white shirt?

Keith
  14. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Guy,

To demonstrate how important White Balance is, this is what your picture should look like, assuming that the shirt is white.

[IMG]

Left picture is your original. On the right, same pic with colour balance correction in Photoshop.

HTH
    Q. :)
  15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Quang.........I see what yopu mean by having the correct white adjustment. I shall try a few more pics this afternoon to see if I can get the same results by adjusting the camera setting.

Thanks again.........valuable example you have given me.
  16. johnbrewer New Member

Guy what a fantastic figure
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks John, I appreciate your comments. It wasn't easy parting with this fellow last weekend..........guess I'll have to do another one.