1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Close call (1/32 USAF pilot + part of a P47)

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by iwik, Jun 20, 2019.

1. iwik Active Member

United-States
    Hi y'all!

I've seen those pics...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

...so I figured I'd reproduce the idea with a Wings Cockpit figure and parts from an Eduard 1/32 P-47 graciously provided by a friend.

Here it is:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I had a lot of fun do this. So much so that I decided to make another similar project with a Wings Cockpit German pilot and the nose of a crashed P40E.

So see you soon!

Hope you like it.
    Ciao
    Iwik
  2. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very original idea - and it works extremely well.
    :)
  3. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Love the idea and painting Iwik (Some very nostalgic pictures too)

Not sure how you'd have done it differently given the size of the Jug, but the nose looks kind've odd hanging off his arms in some pictures - Not a criticism more an observation coz I think it's a great idea done well (y)

Cheers
    Paul
    arj and MattMcK. like this.
  4. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    I think your work is very good especially in such a small scale, but to me, the cowling looks a bit weird, as if hanging off his arm. Maybe a bit more of the plane would have given it a more grounded look, as if more of the plane exists. When you break the scene at an existing break point (in this case, a complete cowling, without any fuselage) it appears as if it doesn't continue "out of view". a bit more of the fuselage would give a better impression that more of the plane exists "off camera". Again, whats is here is very well done.
  5. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Super piece - tend to agree with the idea of a bit more fuselage being visible ( perhaps with a classic piece of nose art ) but the originality
    and painting here is wonderful. Clever !!

Mike
  6. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

beautiful work

mobo
  7. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This mirrors my thoughts pretty well.
    However, it's an excellent concept, very well executed and painted.
    Very well done.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  8. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent and great history.
    Cheers
    John
  9. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    I love this, great work.
  10. iwik Active Member

United-States
    Hi!
    Thanks to you all for the comments.
    I agree, I should have left a bit more of the aircraft showing, but this is solely due to ... laziness....
    Next time? :)
    Ciao
    IWik
  11. FlaBtl (Sfl) 606 Active Member

Germany
    Very nice paintjob!
  12. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The originality of this and execution is excellent but without the benefit of the photo (perhaps reduced and pasted on the base?) then I think the concept and story it is telling will be difficult to deduce to the casual viewer?

It's incredible to see the real photo too as that must have been a 20mm or possibly even a 30mm shell that punched through and it's amazing it didn't just detach the entire blade.

Great stuff!
    Gary
    Babelfish likes this.