1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Clone Trooper

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by legend69, Apr 5, 2011.

1. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi everyone, got something new. I find it fun (and stops me from getting boared) to work on two different models at a time. It does take longer but I find it is more fun.

This is clone trooper Alpha-98 - Alpha class Advanced Recon Commando Captain:

"Men like me don't start the wars. We just die in them".

Pics are not good (mobile phone camera) but I have filed a request with Santa for an early Christmas gift...digital camera!

Comments are most welcome.

Attached Files:

2. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice figure. The paint chips and subtle weathering make this a lovely piece. Ta for showing us and how did you do the chipped paint?
    Great stuff,
    Grant
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    He does look battle weary.
    Carl.
  4. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    This period all STAR WARS I see before me and in the forum and a clone.
    Well, the photo can not be one of the best but I understand that you have made cult job and other colors and stain damage is amazing!
    Well Done!!

Alexandros
    http://alexminiatures.blogspot.com/
  5. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi Grant,

Thanks once again for your comments! A bit of encouragement for new members goes a long way!

The chipped paint was a pain... but eventually it turned out to be a simple process. I painted the red strips along the arms in red colour allowing for the acrylic paint to give its own tones. After three hands of watered down red paint I began applying the white along the edges in a non-uniform pattern. The white paint is of slightly heavier consistency to make sure that the red did not show underneath. The scratches were done with quick light brush strokes.

This is the best I can say to explain the technique.

Thanks,

Ant
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very, very nice Ant (y)
  7. Lovejoy New Member

England
    Great job - lovely realistic battle-worn paint.

Very nicely done!

Michael
  8. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Nicely done and different.
    Cheers
    John
  9. alexwencho Active Member

United-States