1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Clint Eastwood

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, Sep 25, 2009.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hello again,
    Here is another recently completed bust. It is Legends and Lore's 1/9 Confederate Guerrilla. The company is long gone I believe which is a shame as they put out some beautiful kits in their time. As you can see, it depicts Clint Eastwood as his role in Outlaw Josey Wales, taken straight from the movie poster. The likeness is spot on and has some great detail. The only let down of the kit is the pistols, so I replaced them with scratchbuilt ones.
    The kit is painted in oils and humbrols, with the guns painted with Vallejo acrylics ( something new for me- and I like them!!!).
    Hope you like him.
    Ben

Attached Files:

• c6.jpg
      c6.jpg
      File size:
      197.5 KB
      Views:
    • c5.jpg
      c5.jpg
      File size:
      188.3 KB
      Views:
    • c4.jpg
      c4.jpg
      File size:
      197.1 KB
      Views:
    • c3.jpg
      c3.jpg
      File size:
      177 KB
      Views:
    • IMG_4481.jpg
      IMG_4481.jpg
      File size:
      35.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    very nice, I like it!
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Wow! The likeness is spot on and very well painted Ben. I love the movie too.

Roger.
  4. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    lovely!

and nice work on the guns

Mark
  5. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Rob, good to hear from you. Also thanks Roger and Mark. I'm quite happy about how this one came together, the redoing the guns definately improved the kit.
    Ben
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful Ben, & cracking job on the shooters.
    Carl.
  7. giorgiomalteser Active Member

Malta
    You did a great job there. May I suggest you add a cigar in his mouth as a finishing touch. I still remember that scene form one of his western movies where he spat on that dog. Obviously, the dog was not amused :D
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    That was in "The Outlaw Josey Wales" :D
  9. sirhogr Member

Greece
    Great painting Ben!
  10. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful painting and excellent sculpting of the pistols!

All the best,
    Dan
  11. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers Carl, Giorgio, Dan and George, I'm happy that you liked it. Giorgio, you aren't the first to mention adding a cigar or that particular part in the movie with the dog.
    Ben
  12. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nicely done on this great looking bust Ben and great work on resculpting those pistols mate.

Steve
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work. I really like this one.

marc
  14. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Ben,
    Great conversion and nicely painted.
    Cheers
    John
  15. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Waw-a-waw-a-waaaaaaw.......waw..waw..waw!

Waw-a-waw-a-waaaaaaw....................waw..waw..waaaaw!

Waw-a-waw-a-waaaaaaw.......waw..waw...waw!
    Waw-a-waw-a-waaaaaaw.......waw..waw!
  16. alamac Well-Known Member

Australia
    As usual a beautifully done piece, congrats , when are you coming back over this side of the country to say G'Day
    Cheers mate
    Al
  17. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Steve, Marc and John, thank you so much for your comments, I'm stoked that you like him.
    Johnathon, HEHE, I take it thats your interpretation of the music!!!!
    Alan, Hey mate, long time no see!!! Seen some of your stuff on here, nice work. I maybe over at Xmas but not sure if I will be able to catch up with many people, hope to make it to Expo someday soon though. Keep well.
    Ben
  18. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ben, I love this kit! It took me some time to track down a version for myself, but I'm glad I did, because as you say, the likeness is just fantastic! I'll also agree completely, that the pistols are a let down in this kit. I have to say, yours are FANTASTIC! Just what this piece needs! Shame you couldn't have cast a few copies up before you painted this and shared with friends.............hint-hint! Very nice paintwork on this classsic! Very fun piece!

Jay H.
  19. Cvikings67 Member

United-States
    You did a fine job getting that "gruffy" Clint look. Nice job on the pistols. Chris
  20. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Wow, thank you Jay and Chris!! Glad you liked him. Jay, I hope to see yours done soon, as I haven't seen another done except the one on the box art. Sorry i didnt cast up some of the guns before painted them as well!!!
    Ben