1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Claudius - Roman Emperor - Ademola 22 Review

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Guy, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    #200-0014
    Ademola 22 Miniatures
    "Claudius" - 10BC - 54AD, Roman Emperor
    200mm Resin
    3 resin parts
    Sculpted & Painted by Team Ademola

Claudius 01.jpg

Ademola 22 has recently released their bust of Claudius, Emperor of Rome who lived between the years of 10BC thru 54AD. The kits comes in 3 resin parts, as seen below.

Claudius 02.JPG

The head above is cast separately and dry-fits into the neck cavity with no filler needed.

Claudius 03.JPG Claudius 04.JPG

Claudius 05.JPG Claudius 06.JPG

Above you can see the amazing detail that team Ademola has sculpted into the head of Claudius. The only seam line I found was at the back of the neck. Easily removed with light sanding and ready for the primer coat. The mold block I removed after the photograph with a pair of pliers and snapped it off leaving just a little sanding to be done.

Claudius 07.JPG

Claudius 08.JPG Claudius 09.JPG

Above are a few close-ups of the detail to the head.

Claudius 10.JPG Claudius 11.JPG

[ Continued in next posting ]

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States

Claudius 12.JPG Claudius 13.JPG

In the first posting and above you can see the four different views of the chest section of the bust.

Claudius 14.JPG Claudius 16.JPG

Claudius 15.JPG Claudius 17.JPG

Above you see all the parts of the kit dry-fitted together. The chest postion has a pre-drilled hole to accomadate the plinth underneath.

Claudius 18.JPG

Above is the bust plinth which fits snuggly into the bottom of the chest part.

Additional Box Art Photos

Claudius 19.jpg Claudius 01.jpg

Conclusion:
    Keeping with Ademola 22's reputation I found this to be again a top quality kit with minimal clean-up required prior to painting. Highly recommended.

Ademola 22 Miniatures web-site
    click here

R303
  3. Nap A Fixture

England
    Claudius

Hi ,
    Great review of a lovely sculpted bust , totally agree with the review , highly recomended and presented from Ademola22 in the usual high standard.
    I have finished my version of this recently and will post the pictures once I have sorted them out ...but a really enjoyable bust to paint especially the purple .

Nap
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guy, stellar work as usual on the review. A nice looking piece, those Ademola pieces are very cleanly sculpted and cast to be certain!

Jay H.
    OKc
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Can only echo the guys before me.
    Good revieuw on a great bust.

marc
  6. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Very classical looking bust, looks good even when its not painted.

David
  7. Martin Rohmann A Fixture

Germany
    In my opinion a little bit wrong painted!

Roman Emoperors like Claudius wore the white Tunica with 7,5 cm (seven Roman "Zoll" wide stripes of Magenta and a white Toga over all, like in this picture form an old Osprey-Book, that shows Emperor Claudius.

Greetings
  8. Martin Rohmann A Fixture

Germany
    Here ist the Picture.

Greetings

Attached Files:

9. Nap A Fixture

England
    Claudius

Martin ,
    Thanks for info ref Emperor and the Oprey book , the way that Roman Rux from ADEMOLA22 has sculpted this is a classic and in my opinion very striking , to paint it as per the Osprey would mean an all white toga etc with no colour I am sure Roman did reference this and would have sculpted it to allow for a magenta stripe ....either way I am very happy with the finish ...but I will go and check out my references again !!!!!

Nap ,
  10. Roman Active Member

United-States
    Martin, you are right and wrong at the same time. Claudius would look like in Ospreys book when visiting for example the senate. On ather occasions he could look a bit different. He could have his toga on one shoulder or in colder days on both. The toga was usuely white but it could be also purple as Claudius was the Emperor. It's like today you will not were the same jeans and the same shirt every day. The likeness of Claudius face was taken from a statue represanting Claudius as Jupiter.

Attached Files: