1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Civilian figures, various scales.

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by gorgosaurus, Apr 13, 2012.

1. gorgosaurus Active Member

Denmark
    After a loooooong break from model-building, I started building resin kits of Dinosaurs at the end of 2002.

Now, although I buy the odd "historical/military" figure - it seems this is mostly motivated by nostalgia for all the Anglo-Saxons, Normans and Vikings I painted in my early twenties - to this day I´ve got no farther with any of them than building and priming.:rolleyes:

This may change now that I´ve placed an order for this fellow in 1/35 from Sovereign 2000.
    CHS1.jpg CHS2.jpg CHS3.jpg Charles Hazelius Sternberg.jpg
    The resemblance to a famous dinosaur Hunter from the turn of the 19th/20th centuries, Canadian Charles Hazelius Sternberg, might just be enough to inspire me to actually paint this up to represent him. Then I´ll us him as a kind of human scale-bar alongside my 1/35 Dinosaurs. Well, I´ll do that even if I get no farther than the priming stage again. :X3:

The point is, most of my Dinosaur models are in larger scales - 1/24, 1/18, 1/10, 1/5 and yes, even 1/1!
    Can anyone here maybe point me in the direction of similar civilian figures (depicting a man from around 1890 - 1910) in 75mm, 120mm and 200mm?

Hopefully,
    Spike.