1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Civil War vignette finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jcichon, Oct 23, 2009.

1. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    Ok, not my finest work but I just wanted to get it done. THis was my first civil war figure and I know that the union uniform is way way to light. I screwed the pants royally but whats done is done. I would give it a C- overall. Comments and critiques are very welcomed.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    I like your Confederate greys and the rifle is nicely done. The highlights and shadows on the gray are good and this is the first time I've seen this vignette actually painted. I think you are being a bit hard on yourself!

Kevin D.
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I think that you are being hypercritical, you've done great job.
    Carl.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nice work overall. Do not so overcriticise yourself, its good to have some critism over your own work..to much is not so good because you never gonna finish a figure.

Marc
  5. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

See my respone at Timelines.
  6. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    I do tend to be overly critical and yes, there are way to many figures on my bench barely started because I am way to critical of them. But I try to get it right each time overall. But I just wanted to finish something other than WWI or WWII for once. If you think I am overly critical of this one, wait for my first napoleonic figure due out here in the next few days! I have started, stripped, started, stripped and re-started it too many times to count! But it will be a first under my belt which will be a good learning experience for me.