1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Civil War dio update #2

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Joe Hudson, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here is the 2nd figure completed along with an updated picture of the officer. This guy is the first casualty and I am sure that there will be many others to follow. The officer, I think he is done now. I reworked the arm and a few other folds on him. I am almost finished with the 3rd figure.

Thanks for looking.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

the officer

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Joe,your figures are looking great.Some great action poses.keep up the good work.

Regards,John:)
  3. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Joe,
    great stuff so far.

The top figure reminds me of the snap shot of "Death of a fighter" in the Spanish Civil War (or titled something similar)

A dynamic little pose, presumably as a Minie Ball strikes its mark....

looking forward to the figure progressing

cheers
  4. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Absolutely great work. I am particiularly fond of the action figures poses and especiuallyt he ones at dramatic poses . I am really curious to see the next steps of the puzzle !
    Best regards

Costas
  5. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Joe, this is coming on a real treat, the figures look great, looking foward to seeing this all come together and painted.
    Nice work
    Tommi
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    yes, this guy is surely hit and falling down.
    Great work.

Marc
  7. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    HEy Buddy this looks as promising as the 1st figure......very convincing "just been hit" pose, which I'm sure is a difficult pose to achieve.......Bravo!!!

Keep safe..........

Ray ;)
  8. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi Joe,
    Your little scene should be looking great when you finish. These figures are coming alone nicely. I'm looking forward to more progress. Do you think it will be done by Gettysburg?
    Pete
  9. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Joe,
    Great looking actione pose!
    I like him more than the first one.

Regards,
    Marcel.
  10. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey guys,

Thank you all for the kind words and support. I am really having fun and have the 3rd guy almost finished. I will be taking abreak from the sculpting this week to start some painting and then back to the sculpts next week.

Pete,

Not sure about Gettysburg but it will be close. My goal was to have it finished for Chicago.

Hey Ray,

Catch me on IM when you can.

Thanks,
    Joe
  11. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Nice work on the second figure Joe, great pose. What will the third figures pose be .

Cheers David
  12. Trep Active Member

United-States
    Very nice

Great job,look forward to the rest.
  13. Airchallenged New Member

United-States
    I'm normally just a lurker but I have to say this is amazing. I saw the Officer post over on HF a week or so back and was impressed. Only critique would be that it appears that the ramrod has a rosebud on both ends instead of just one. The other would be the male part of a screw to accept the worm like piece. Other than that he is perfect.
  14. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Matt, David and Dan.

Thanks for the kind words. It really helps to keep me motivated when I see others thinking I am not just crazy!;)

David,

The 3rd guy may just be a mini vignette,:eek: I have 3 in the works so I am not sure which will be finished first.

Dan,

Thanks for posting. Thanks on the ram rod. I will have to make that adjustment.

Joe
  15. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Great progress!

I like the poses and caracters!
    I'm looking forward to see it finished.

Cheers,
    Balázs