1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Citadel Miniatures US Infantryman in experimental armour

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Tommi, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    US Infantryman in experimental armour and experimental helmet №5, 1918

main1.jpg main2.jpg

main3.jpg main4.jpg

main5.jpg main6.jpg

This is the first of two figures in a new Range of figures sent to me by Dmitri Baev of Soga Miniatures in Russia. This figure from the new Picklehelm series represents a US Infantryman in experimental armour and experimental helmet 1918.

The scale of the figure is 120mm or 1/16th scale and all thirteen parts are cast in resin. There are two printed A4 sheet of illustrated assembly instructions included in the box which is a great help towards assembling the more delicate parts.

Continued……………………………………….
  2. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    There are two poly zip bags, one hold the large parts and the other for the more smaller delicate parts. All of this is wrapped in bubble wrap and enclosed in a sturdy cardboard box with some very nice colour illustrations of the painted figure.

IMG1.jpg IMG2.jpg

IMG3.jpg IMG4.jpg

A closer inspection of the larger parts shows the level of detail of sculpting and casting that has been done of the production of the figure. There are mould blocks to remove on every part of the kit and a small amount of flash to be cleaned away left over from the casting process. A closer inspection of the one piece torso and the smaller parts shows nice casting and level of detail with no air bubbles present.

IMG5.jpg IMG6.jpg

A closer inspection of the backpack with moulded equipment. The rifle will need careful removal from he casting block. There are two experimental helmet options included in the kit. We can also see close up the gas mask and other smaller parts.

IMG7.jpg IMG8.jpg

IMG9.jpg IMG10.jpg

Conclusion:
    A very nice WW1 release of a subject slightly different from your average infantryman. Al parts awe well cast and there is some work to do in the mould block removal and cleaning of the parts. Will paint up well and will be of great interest to any WW1 historical figure painter. Highly Recommended.

Availability:
    Citadel Figures are available “Exclusively” from Soga Miniatures. Please click on the link below to enter their web site.
    http://www.soga-miniatures.com/

Tommi
    kaz6120, Guy and gordy like this.
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks well detailed, also nice to see the respirator lenses left out. Hard to represent glass realistically with paint.:confused:
    Thanks for the review Tommi,
    Carl.
  4. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Always good to see an interesting new Great War subject appear on the market, and this one looks very nice. I think I'm going to have to add one to the Grey Army sooner rather than later.

- Steve
  5. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great review of an interesting subject!

Thanks Tommi

:)
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    So - do I understand this right? No retailer in the US is going to stock this excellent product?

All the best,
    Dan
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Another must have.
    Looks a great figure to me.

Marc
  8. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think that is the case Dan, Soga do ship worldwide.

Cheers
    Tommi
    kingtoot likes this.
  9. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I ordered one yesterday.

US$ 70 for the figure plus US$ 12 postage to UK (same postage for all EU countries).

Not the cheapest 1/16 resin figure I've ever bought, but a "must have" just in case Citadel go all S&T on us (I sincerely hope they don't and no grounds to think that they will, but in this economic climate you never know who may be next).

- Steve