1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Chronos miniatures

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by jim1215, Jul 31, 2019.

1. jim1215 Active Member

United-States
    Just a question....there are some figures from this company I would love to get and living in the states seems to be very high shipping ....not sure I can see buying a piece that cost 27$ and shipping being 20$ ....it kind of keeps me away so I'm here on the forum asking anyone is there another way or distributori can buy from ? I buy from elgreco and the shipping is reasonable ....little bit disappointed here...any help would be great....thanks always jim
  2. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Just posted the same problem, wanted a 24 dollar kit, postage to the UK 20 dollars, killed it completely.

Keith
    Babelfish likes this.
  3. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jim,
    Have you checked their distribution list as there are 2 US and 1 Canadian stockists for Chronos.
    cheers
    Richie
  4. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    From my perspective, a flat rate $20 shipping charge is extremely attractive, and gets even better the more figures you buy.
    So why not wait until there's a number of items you want and then just place a single order for the lot?
    In my experience, Dmitry is extremely helpful and easy to deal with directly.
    Which reminds me; I need to place an order with him for some additional figures I spotted on his website yesterday evening.
    Oda and Babelfish like this.
  5. jim1215 Active Member

United-States
    Thanks everyone! If it's a flat 20 $ rate then I guess I have to buy a bunch o like and roll that way....as far as there us distributors they stock nothing and are only doing the same as me ....placing my order with an upcharge ....plus wait time is the same....they have many figures I want so I'll take my chances ....thanks again jim
    harrytheheid likes this.
  6. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jim,
    Even though it'll affect the timing of my next order of figures for my present and ongoing project, I'm winding myself up for a possible order of 8 x figures from Chronos Miniatures early next week.
    That'll mean a postal charge of $2.50 per figure - from Russia to China!
    It just doesn't get much better than that.
  7. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Looks like bulk buying is the way to go. I think the range is too large now for an individual distributor to handle. El Greco tried in the UK but eventually sold the stock at a discount.

Keith
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yes I did a "bulk" order from them a few months back for 4 figures. Kept the shipping cost per figure proportionally low. Great service as well by the way (fast and well packed).

I'd love to see another UK distributor take on the Chronos range (SK I'm talking to you if you're reading this mate ;):D) , they're knocking out some great stuff and the quality is outstanding - as we've come to expect from our Russian friends.

- Steve
  9. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yeah, I cut the order I placed with Chronos today down to 4 figures. I decided it's enough for the vignette I want to do and means I can also go ahead and place my next order for a few more Victorian-era Phoenix castings.
    Have to agree that most Russian company's are doing some really special releases.