1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Chronos Miniatures Timpani of the Guard Russia 1812

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Tecumsea, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I recently purchesed this figure and having decided to start assembly was surprised to find that the Drapes for the drums are cast as a straight piece of resin.

I am looking for advice on curving this to fit around the drums as I am not used to working with plastic or resin figures.

It seems a crazy way to present this......has anyone purchased the Metal version? does that come in a different format, I'm assuming bending a piece of white metal would be easier than resin?

Pictures attached,

Thanks for any advice,

Keith
    IMG_20220915_210725793.jpg IMG_20220915_210249004.jpg
    Nap likes this.
  2. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Keith - cut them from the sprue, clean up, then immerse in hot water and shape around the drum shell. Allow to cool, then repeat, if necessary!(y)
    Tecumsea and Viking Bob like this.
  3. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    I suggest to use a hairdryer - you can soften the pieces by heating them up and repeat this procedure as often as necessary. Try first with some resin sprue to get a feeling for the proper dose of hot air and the performance of the resin. Cheers Martin
    Tecumsea likes this.
  4. Steve Ski A Fixture

United-States
    Yep, either method will work, but I've found hot water is more controlable.
    valiant likes this.
  5. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Keith

Great to see you posting what's on the bench , good advice from others , obviously care is needed whichever method

Certainly a unusual way to have the banners , easier to cast flat I would have thought but not ideal to build

Look forward to seeing more on this

Happy benchtime

Nap