1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Chota Sahib Foreign Legionnaire

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jed, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    This is my 80's figure of the Legionnaire in Algiers 1960, I actually painted one in the 80's and managed to get this on EBay.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Martin64, KenBoyle, Redcap and 9 others like this.
  2. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Auto corrected to Chita!! I'm sure you all know it's Chota but I can't correct it
    Oda and Scotty like this.
  3. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Nice finish on the rucksack & blanket, Jed (y)
    That same figure & pose is also available in resin from Nemrod if you fancy doing another sometime.
    Jed likes this.
  4. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Nice work on this old classic Jed. I like the striped "djellabah" folded under the flap. I think it is based on a Mike Chappell pic in one of the Ospreys - it's a figure I always admired but never acquired. Chris's heads-up re the Nemrod version is worth a look in that case.

Phil
    Jed and Chris Oldfield like this.
  5. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for that Chris,I just might!! I'm gutted that I gave away all of the Chota Sahib figures I did!!
    Chris Oldfield likes this.
  6. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Chota Sahib figures, lovely blast from the past... Im sure we all wish we had managed to get more of them when they were available... thanks for sharing..
    Jed likes this.
  7. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Well I'm now calling it finished image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  8. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Nice little study Jed, captures the moment of anticipation well.
    Always liked Sid Horton’s sculpts like this little guy.
    Good to see you bringing these & Alex’s Cheshire Volunteer figures back into the light.
    Thanks mate!
    MikeTheKiwi
    Jed and Chris Oldfield like this.
  9. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks very much Mike, I wish I'd kept all of the ones I had in my early days,being in the forces it was hard to keep hold of stuff. There must have been a huge market for these figures in the US as that's where most of them seem to be advertised from. Thanks again Jed
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  10. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great job Jed and a real trip down 'Memory Lane' with this one which I painted when I was in the army back in the early 80s. I also painted the Foreign Legion sniper piece by C-S around the same time which was also a nice little piece and both of them still stand the test of time.

Gary
    Jed likes this.
  11. Nap Moderator

England

Corrected for you

Nap
  12. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Didn't someone purchase all the olf Chota moulds and masters fairly recently with a view to re-issuing them? Can't remember who it was but it was posted on here.
    Jed likes this.
  13. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks, I too had the sniper, in fact I think I did all of the Legion figures. I will try and get more as time goes on but it won’t be easy or cheep!!
  14. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    It would be great if this is the case
  15. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    http://www.studiomodeldesigns.com/

It was a company called Studio Model Design, above is their website. Not sure how far they've got with re-issues though. Maybe drop them an e-mail?

Richard.
    Jed likes this.