1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Chinese Warrior

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jaime, Sep 6, 2004.

1. jaime Member

Spain
    I want to pait this figure wich is very dificult (Andrea miniatures 90 mm. Metal) and here is the first step. All comments are welcome and I need them.
  2. carpo Active Member

Australia
    Hi Jaime - check out Jim Patrick's vBench - there is a discussion there about faces with some advice that will certainly give some ideas you may want to consider.
    Having said that - your face is exellent - maybe just some deeper shadows around the edges. I don't think you will have much trouble making a very nice piece in the end!
    I assume you intend to do some intricate work on the robes of this figure. If so, I asked some questions about a samurai I painted and got some very good ideas from this forum about detail work on robes etc. Responses to the questions I asked can be seen on my vBench - I hope you find something of use there.
    Carpo :)
  3. jaime Member

Spain
    Thank you Carpo for telling me it. I'll go there now

Cherrs

Jaime
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Jaime, good start, you're in the right direction.

Ciao

Roc. :)
  5. JP PRAJOUX Member

The face looks pretty good so far. (y) As previously said a few more shadows would be good I think.
    Why did you paint over a black basecoat ?
    Bye
    JP
  6. jaime Member

Spain
    This a very good question and I have no answer. I usually paint over a white primer, but I have painted 28 mm wargames figures using black.

Cheers
    Jaime
  7. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Jaime-

Good start. One observation on the eyes. Placement is good. However, the pupil shapes are not symetrical. I think the left eye shape is fine as the pupil tapers "down" toward the lower lid. The right, however, tapers "up" toward the upper lid. Does that make sense?

The flesh is well done. (y)

Keith
  8. jaime Member

Spain
    Yes, Keith I am agree with you, but this is the first contact with the figure. The face is not finished yet and I have to work on it during the week (only the face)
    Thank you again, your comments are welcome (y)

Cheers

Jaime
  9. jaime Member

Spain
    I am the guest
    Jaime Gil
  10. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Jaime-

Where are you at on this figure? It is rather difficult (at least for me :lol: ) ti give suggestions if I don't know how much has been completed. Are just the base coats on the torso and the flesh completed? Have highs and shades been completed on the cloth? Are the metals complete?

Keith
  11. jaime Member

Spain
    No, Keith, they are not completed, it is the first contact with the figure

No, I have to re-paint them. Metals ared painted to see the contrast between silver/gold and flesh tones.
    This figure is very dificult for me and I want to paint it slowly. I upload the pics because I want people can help me with their comments. Is the way to learn.

Hasta luego

Jaime Gil
  12. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Jaime-

This does look like a very challenging figure. I generally place the metals before any other painting as they can be difficult to control.

I think the face / flesh is well done. You did fix the eye's :)

I like the beard but you may want to consider adding more highlights. IMO, black hair color is the most difficult to paint.

How did you paint the metals? Are they oils, acrylics and/or printers ink.
    I like GS Mr Metals...

Keep going!!!

Keith
  13. jaime Member

Spain
    Hello Keith, beard is not finished.
    Well, to paint metals, in this case, i used a mix:
    - black (950 Model color) + liquid silver (adithes)
    - black (950 Model color) + liquid gold (adithes)
    - Highlights: adding liquid silver/gold

Sorry, I have a question: what's the meaning of "GS"? (is because of my bad english)

Hasta luego

Jaime Gil
  14. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    GS is Gunze Sangyo brand.
  15. jaime Member

Spain
    Thank you Keith. I have never used Gunze Sangyo so I didn't know the abbreviation (but i had to know it)

Ciao
    Jaime