1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Chinese Lady revisited

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jamie Stokes, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Hi all,
    I've decided I cant push this one any further, so she is as close as possible to where I was hoping to go....

Airbrushed the flesh tones (using Pepa's style as a guide) - I decided just for lipstick and eye make up for the face, rather than a contemporary make up style.....

The jewelry I painted in silver, disliked it, did some research, and went for a jade look, with pearl inserts (gosh, don't I sound fancy....)

Painted with Andrea and Vallejo for the flesh tones, and a combination of Jo Sonja and Vallejo for the jacket and flowers....

Attached Files:

yeo_64, Crookedjaw and jerry like this.
  2. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Some of the other sides of the vertical riser...that's a really long pony tail...

P1060249.JPG P1060250.JPG P1060251.JPG

I opted for a Chinese style border with coloured paints for the imagery. To stay with the theme, I used the simplified line drawing style.

Front and rear sides are landscapes, the side panels are mirroring the flowers in the hair.....

P1060253.JPG View attachment 130954

The real question I have is..... how to finish the wooden base.....paint it black, or paint it red, or give it a varnish with a tint?

Comments and critiques always welcome....

Cheers

Attached Files:

yeo_64 and Gary D like this.
  3. arxo Active Member

Greece
    She looks great. Job well done.
    Jamie Stokes likes this.
  4. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Brilliant finish Jamie, she's a real beauty.
    Good work Mate.
    Cheers,
    Keith
    Jamie Stokes likes this.
  5. Mark S Guest

Nicely finished Jamie, mate I'd go black for the base, or at least a very dark stain. Because the bust has a black pedestal, it will allow the red in the middle to stand alone whilst at the same time the black will tie in the base with the black in the bust( if that makes sense).....that's my take on it anyway without seeing the whole piece...cheers mate.
    Jamie Stokes likes this.
  6. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Nice work Jamie, love the added details such as the jewellery, looks real
    Ben
    Jamie Stokes likes this.
  7. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    First, great job! After that, I agree with Mark, a dark base makes sense.
    Jamie Stokes likes this.
  8. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Not bad and the Lady will be in your cabinet, but I must agree with the other a dark base would in my eyes better
    Jamie Stokes likes this.
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Jamie,

She's a beauty mate. You've certainly put some work into this bust and no doubt pushed yourself. Great to see a project realised and to have achieved a result that matches your ambition. I would also agree with Mark on a black base.
    Jamie Stokes likes this.
  10. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    An excellent finish Jamie, great flesh tones and I also would suggest a black base.

Cheers Ken
    Jamie Stokes likes this.
  11. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Arxo, Keith, Mark, Ben,Osebor, Ulrich, Tony, Ken thank you all!

Mark, this is how I see the 'stacking' of the colours, from the base up.....black, red column with panel pictures, black of the bust pedestal, then the bust.
    And the others chiming in makes this a common sense, simple and elegant approach....

cheers gentlemen!!