1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Chin Chain Help.....

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by DaveG, Aug 25, 2012.

1. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    I just received a parcel full of Maurice's 75 mm beauties and my favorite and first out of the box is the free Grenadier Guardsman.

Going to need advice on fabricating the chin chain for his bearskin. Hoping to find help here as usual. :)

Dave-
  2. Ferris A Fixture

Dave, I've read a trick about this somewhere that went like this:

Wind thin copper wire around a straight piece of wire
    Remove central wire. You should have a tightly wound coil.
    Flatten it.
    Cut to length.

I hope this is the type of strap you are looking for.

Cheers,
    Adrian
    ChaosCossack and Steve like this.
  3. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Hi Dave;
    I tried Adrian's suggested method on Maurice's Crimean dragoon, and it worked beautifully. All you have to do is make sure the diameter of the wire you are using to wrap the copper around is the right size, and it really is that easy. Good luck!
    Steve likes this.
  4. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    Alright. I knew I could get a helpful response out of this bunch. Thanks guys. (y)
  5. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    [IMG]
    Hi Dave,
    I have used this method with lots of success loads of times. I hope that you feel a but coming on........If you look at the picture of the Grenadiers here you will see that the links are graduated smaller as they get to the chin.
    For this I used the same method but wound the wire on the pointed part of a cocktail stick to half way. Then did the reverse using the smallest wind to locate the cocktail stick going the other way. I hope that this is understandable and if not just shout and I will try to make it a bit clearer.
    I will try to get a half decent picture of my result so that you can see the effect.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  6. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Guards Drummer.jpg
    Hi Dave,
    Here is a rubbish photo of a 65mm guards drummer I am working on where I used the cocktail stick method.
    Hope it works for you.
    Cheers,
    Keith