1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Check out the new Scale Military Modeller International August 2014

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by Adrian Cowdry, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Here here, likewise also
    1969, napoleonpeart and Mark Dollery like this.
  2. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the sentiments Guys as I appreciate the feedback! (y)
    I am reserving my comments on this until I speak to the Editor of SMMI as Adrian has said certain things that need to be clarified with the Editor.
    I will ask the editor to respond to these comments when he returns from a short break & I will ask him to review this thread.
    I will keep you all informed on his views & situation on it,
    regards to all,
    Mark D ;)
    napoleonpeart and Gra30 like this.
  3. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well I'm just here thinking of what figures I can paint.

Gells
    Mark Dollery likes this.
  4. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

I really want you all to know that I am not the crafty so and so that you think I am...I should reserve comment perhaps right now as I have been picking apples off my tree in the garden, peeling them ready for my wife's fantastic crumble and to make to make the job become more satisfying I have the best part of a bottle of wine inside me and I have been thinking...as well as drinking.

I will not rant off here, but forum's can be dangerous places. My figure is one that I commissioned - Matt Yates sculpted it and I had it cast by Yiannis in Greece. I had only some artistic input for the pose etc. Perhaps you might be able to view the figure that way a little.

However and what ever...I cannot reiterate how much that there was no intention to pull wool over eyes nor was there anything untoward intended. You have your opinions I will not try to dissuade you.

I do want to emphasise that my earlier posting was not mentioned or written with the view to gain sympathy - please I do not want that, I just wanted to let you know how I felt about SMMI and how in a very dark place and time that SMMI was a big part of my life.

By the way I am not drunk right now...just melancholy. But certainly I couldn't get behind the wheel of my car!!!

Please treat this with an amount of humor...it will I am sure get sorted out. If any offence was taken it was not meant or given. I have not tried to do anything underhand. As I say mistakes were made which I am sure will be sorted out.

I am not apologising by any means but I am sorry some of you have taken this to heart and the wrong way. You do not have all the information so please perhaps reserve judgment until you hear from other parties involved.
  5. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Adrian,
    If you can't see what you have done is wrong then this thread is finished, as far as I am concerned.
    However, it is ironic that this thread was started by yourself
    End of from me
    Gra
    I will drink with you anytime but you overstepped the boundaries once you became a manufacturer, we don't do this to our own. That said, all it needs is an apology for bad judgement.
  6. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

Gra

You miss the point and yes this thread should end.

I didn't publish the review. I was asked to send that review in, way back in May. I told Andy that the figure was mine. At that time I was told that a figure supplement was planned and that reviews and builds were required for the supplement. I got on with as much as I could for the supplement.

As I have said there is a lot more information that you are not aware of.

I started this thread because I was pleased that figures were being featured in a Brit magazine in such a fashion.
  7. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    To all,
    The Scale Military modeller Editor has now dealt with this issue & concern internally & has closed the matter.
    But the editor is keen to stress, From this point forward, all contributors to the magazine MUST declare their personal or business involvements with any company, producer or manufacturer on any level. The Magazine also points out that it will remain an impartial information resource for modellers of any domain & is keen to ensure that any content of previews & reviews are open & contain all the facts.
    I hope that this statement will close the issue & we can get back to doing what we do best!
    regards
    Mark D
    1969 and napoleonpeart like this.
  8. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for clearing that up Mark, looking forward to the future of this figure article.
    Steve
    Mark Dollery likes this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys,

Got my issue today good concept as it's a magazine within the main magazine ..good Idea , good spread of articles as well lots by Messrs Dollery and Cowdry ..obviously a lot of work involved by all concern.

Good selection of other types of articles throughout the whole magazine

Currently 3/4 through my article ...one of several so hope to be considered for future figure related issues

Glad this has been cleared up by Andy and Mark

Nap