1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Che Guevara

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Sometimes I just get the urge to paint a face so I busted out a bust that I have tried to paint a couple of times before for another go at it. Hopefully it will work better this time!

Here are the highlights more or less finished, no shadows have been painted yet. Might have to tweak it some more after the shadows are done.

Painted in Vallejos, mix used was:

Base: Light Brown + Flesh (955) + Cavalry Brown

Highs: Base + 955 until reached, then Light Sand was added to this.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. y_wong New Member

Hey Anders, very nice skin tone even though it is not completed yet.

regards :)
  3. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hmm u have made a superb start to a superb bust my friend .!!! i am looking forward to see that finished!!!!!! And if there is no room , my show case could always host that !!!!!

Costas
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looks great Anders.......love the eyes you do
  5. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent work once again Anders my friend. Those eyes really look amazing. I'm sure that the result will be great :)
  6. fsdesimone Member

Super start Anders - the eyes look great!
  7. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Highs: Base + 955 until reached, then Light Sand was added to this. "Until reached"? I might just have to give you flesh mixture a go
  8. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for the comments guys! I will get back to painting here in a bit after taking a few hours off.

Matt,

Until reached means that I kept adding 955 until it was almost pure 955 and very little of the base mix in the tone. Hope this makes sense :)
  9. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Wow
    very impressive eyes.
  10. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Wow , this is your best face yet, excellent mate!
  11. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys! Really appreciate the feed back.

Here is some more pics of the finished flesh tones. I would like to go darker but I can't paint shadows very well so I think I will quit while Im still somewhat ahead.

Shadow mix:

Base + 814 burnt cad umber (or something like that..814 is number)
    Deep shadows are shadow + black

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hey Anders,

Looks very good. You say you are not so good in painting shadows. I think you have almost done the job. I should go into the rimple off the cheek a little darker. This gives a accent and gives more character to the face.
    But that is the opinion off a beginner.

I love the eyes, almost living.

Marc
  13. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    'bout time you picked that brush back up! :lol: It looks good Anders. Very nice looking flesh tones. You don't plan on stripping this do you? I hope not. You nailed it. (y)

Jim Patrick
  14. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Superb, Brilliant eyes

Dave
  15. Brad S Member

Looks terrific! Eyes are well done as usual.

Brad Spelts
  16. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hey Anders , that is looking super. Forget about you can't paint shadows right. I think a touch of deep shadow just above beard area will go a long way. Those eyes , those eyes !!!

Stephen Mallia
  17. fsdesimone Member

Uh oh - I just had a thought... did Guevara really have light eyes like that? I think he may have had dark brown eyes judging by other photos, but it's hard to tell. :eek:

The fleshtones are looking great btw Anders.
  18. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for all comments guys!

He is just about finished now, only have to finish up the shirt and the cigars!

Francesca,

I know he had darker eyes then this (in fact they look almost black), but to paint dark eyes sucks as there is no way to make them look as good as lighter colored eyes (atleast that I know of) so I took some artistic licence in the name of effect.

Attached Files:

19. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    VERY nice Anders!
  20. fsdesimone Member

Eh, you can just pass it off as he's ablaze with revolutionary fire or something. ;)

Looks really good regardless.