1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Chassuer painted

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Jul 31, 2007.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ok guys. If you remember the Chassuer I sculpted a while back, here's the painted version. I hope you like it. I had to play around with the pics with photoshop to make them as decent as possible. Be patient with me please :)

Stephen Mallia

Attached Files:

2. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good sculping and painting Stephen,looks very good!
    christos
  3. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    That's really nicely done Stephen. Great colors and of course the sculpting.

Xenofon
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very well done Stephen! I like that you reversed the lighting to emphasize the "leaning" of the pouch in front of the chair.

Jay H.
    OKC
  5. Sam Active Member

Malta
    Hello my friend!!!!

WoooooooooooooW:) :) :)

When I saw this figure unpainted at the club I was surprised with the amount of detail it had, now the detail has come out with the excellent paint job you made:):) :) :)

As always you show your dedication to this hobby ;) ;) ;)

Wish to paint like you some day :confused: :confused: wonder when that will come :lol:

Keep up the good work my friend,

Samwel Vella
  6. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Your work is definately beautiful my friend . i like it a lot . Sculptingis superb especially the detailing ,and the paintjob makes it justice . BRAVO
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome work Stephen. Both sculpting and painting.
  8. iceman New Member

Undoudtedly this is extremely good and you must be congratulated on a lovely figure.

However IMHO he looks a little bloated, or too puffy, his breeches and Dolman make him look a bit of a Michelin man.

Don't get me wrong, this has been wonderfully painted and sculpted and I don't imagine that the photos do this piece any justice.

The pose is very good, which I like, although I do think that it would have looked even better had you sculpted him having removed his Colpack and Pelisse as well, again purely my opinion.

The painting is great, especially the light shining on the leg that's resting on the chair. I like the colours as well, it makes me want to get my Soldiers 90mm Chasseur Trumpeter out and carry on working on him.

The French blue and crimson of the Dolman and Pelisse are very nice, much more muted than many I have seen, the crimson is almost a Polish crimson, please let me know how you achieved these colours as I think they add a more subtle "on campaign" look to him.

Once again great seeing your work, and please forgive my opinions as it is infinately better than I can do. ;-)
  9. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Stephen,

Very beautiful painted and sculpted!! I like the colors.
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Stephen,

Again a great creation. Is it be alive at Euro??

marc
  11. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks guys very appreciated.

Jay, you have laser eyes my friend:):). You managed to notice that detail too.

Stephen Mallia
  12. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Sam, thanks. You get to see this live at the club. I think it looks even better.
    As to your painting, you will get there for sure. When I started out I wasn't half as good as you are now so you only need to persist and I'm sure you'll make it

Stephen Mallia
  13. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hey Tim thanks. Yes, the colback off option crossed my mind too btu was a little tight for time. As for the pose I didn't really get what you meant. I tried to capture the pompous and arrogant look and posture these cavalrymen were famous for. In all honesty, I would have felt like that if I wore that uniform :):)

Stephen Mallia
  14. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hey Marc, thanks. Yes it will be at Euro.

Stephen Mallia
  15. tefaet Active Member

Spain
    Nice figure well sculpted and painted.
    Nice composition ,congratulations

Best wishes Jose Luis
  16. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Stephen,
    I am just speechless. Wonderful
    Cheers
    John
  17. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hey Jose and John thanks.Very appreciated

Stephen Mallia
  18. iceman New Member

Stephen

This is a great sculpt, please don't take it any other way.

You have caught the arrogance of the man really well,

Thanks
  19. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Stephen ....... Complimenti un buon lavoro
    segui la strada che è quella giusta ;)
    Saluti MAB :)
  20. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hey Tim, thanks again. Believe me I didn't want to sound as If I was offended or anything. I always welcome constructive critisism. Will you be at Euro ?

Stephen Mallia