chasseur trumpeter 4

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ivopreda, Jan 24, 2007.

1. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    the trumpet banner was painted oil over acrylics more or less in the same manner as the saddle cloth decoration. To paint a detail like that the most important thing is the documentation. Luckily I have a very good sketch of this object and I had the opportunity to see the real in Paris years ago. Sketch is in the new Histoire et Collections books series :

(url =http://livres.histoireetcollections.com/publication-1305-the-french-imperial-guard-vol-2-cavalry-1804-1805.html)

[IMG]

[IMG]

there isn’t any particular problems to paint this banner, only time and patience. Letterers EF ( empire Francais) were painted four time….). Gold has the same technique as the saddle cloth, silver parts are identically but with Ivory black, titanium white, a bit of blue and silver powder.

Last picture show…my fingers dimension…
    [IMG]

I’ve to go to paint the other side and to paint the fringes that in this moment has only the first shade.

See you

Ivo
  2. madeg Active Member

Beautifull piece Ivo .

We saw each other a few years ago in Anwerp . You were there , invited by the AMSS, to present your pieces and to give a short slideshow about figurepainting .

You asked to come to your show in Italy , but I never got there . Maybe some time in the future I will make it to Val d Aoste .
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Extremely well painted, with alot of details.
    Sorry i missed you at AMSS Ivo, i think i wasn't a member then. So i mist all your lessons on painting.
    Maybe you can do some lesson with a slideshow on the internet.
    Looking forward to it.

marc
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Ciao Ivo, bellissima pittura, complimenti.

Ciao
    Roc. :)
  5. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice work Ivo, and nice detailing
  6. Antoninus New Member

Ottimo lavoro Ivo complimenti :)
  7. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good work Ivo!
    best regards
    christos
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ivo, Nice job on the banner. The trick is to break the details down into it's simplest form.~Gary
  9. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    Friends,
    thanks for the compliments are always welcome.
    Marc ( both Degraeve and Van Megroot ) I hope to see you next saint Vincent show in October, beers are at my charge. ( I had many beers in Antwerph and I’ve to repay some of them).
    Marjin will come why don’t travel with him?

Gary:
    The trick is to break the details down into it's simplest form.~
    It’s absolutely true, the most complicate things are only a lot of simple things…

I’m not completely satisfied, some details aren’t so crisp and well done. Big pictures are useful to see all the mistakes. Yesterday evening I modified something and next evening will be dedicated to the boring activity of cleaning details…

ciaoooivoooo
  10. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Good to see Ivo
    Takes the fear out of detail painting

Frank
  11. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Ivo,
    This has been a great painting lesson and I thank you. It is a beautiful piece and I look forward to the finished creation.
    Cheers
    John