1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

chasseur trumpeter 4

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ivopreda, Jan 24, 2007.

1. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    the trumpet banner was painted oil over acrylics more or less in the same manner as the saddle cloth decoration. To paint a detail like that the most important thing is the documentation. Luckily I have a very good sketch of this object and I had the opportunity to see the real in Paris years ago. Sketch is in the new Histoire et Collections books series :

(url =http://livres.histoireetcollections.com/publication-1305-the-french-imperial-guard-vol-2-cavalry-1804-1805.html)

[IMG]

[IMG]

there isn’t any particular problems to paint this banner, only time and patience. Letterers EF ( empire Francais) were painted four time….). Gold has the same technique as the saddle cloth, silver parts are identically but with Ivory black, titanium white, a bit of blue and silver powder.

Last picture show…my fingers dimension…
    [IMG]

I’ve to go to paint the other side and to paint the fringes that in this moment has only the first shade.

See you

Ivo
  2. madeg Active Member

Beautifull piece Ivo .

We saw each other a few years ago in Anwerp . You were there , invited by the AMSS, to present your pieces and to give a short slideshow about figurepainting .

You asked to come to your show in Italy , but I never got there . Maybe some time in the future I will make it to Val d Aoste .
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Extremely well painted, with alot of details.
    Sorry i missed you at AMSS Ivo, i think i wasn't a member then. So i mist all your lessons on painting.
    Maybe you can do some lesson with a slideshow on the internet.
    Looking forward to it.

marc
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Ciao Ivo, bellissima pittura, complimenti.

Ciao
    Roc. :)
  5. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice work Ivo, and nice detailing
  6. Antoninus New Member

Ottimo lavoro Ivo complimenti :)
  7. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good work Ivo!
    best regards
    christos
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ivo, Nice job on the banner. The trick is to break the details down into it's simplest form.~Gary
  9. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    Friends,
    thanks for the compliments are always welcome.
    Marc ( both Degraeve and Van Megroot ) I hope to see you next saint Vincent show in October, beers are at my charge. ( I had many beers in Antwerph and I’ve to repay some of them).
    Marjin will come why don’t travel with him?

Gary:
    The trick is to break the details down into it's simplest form.~
    It’s absolutely true, the most complicate things are only a lot of simple things…

I’m not completely satisfied, some details aren’t so crisp and well done. Big pictures are useful to see all the mistakes. Yesterday evening I modified something and next evening will be dedicated to the boring activity of cleaning details…

ciaoooivoooo
  10. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Good to see Ivo
    Takes the fear out of detail painting

Frank
  11. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Ivo,
    This has been a great painting lesson and I thank you. It is a beautiful piece and I look forward to the finished creation.
    Cheers
    John