1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Chasseur of the line

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Aug 23, 2007.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi guys. Just a couple of quick pics of my latest. Please understand that a lot of work still needs to be done. Will show you more. Thanks for looking

Stephen Mallia

Attached Files:

2. Sam Active Member

Malta
    Hi mate,

Nice work as usual:) :)

Looking forward to see this at the club :) :)

Regards,

Samwel Vella
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Stephen. Is this 54mm?
  4. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    OMG......I knew it was from you even before I opened the thread!!! You put me to shame with your SPEED :(

Looks Goooooooooooooood :)

Keep them rolling mate.....

Ray ;)
  5. tefaet Active Member

Spain
    Very nice Steph you have many ideas and you work hard and fast.
    I see you in Folk.
    Regards Jose Luis
  6. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks very good my friend,position of the rider looks great!
    christos
  7. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi buddy, that was quick. Yeah, you know how I am. I'm a hard worker when I'm not at work :):):)

Stephen Mallia
  8. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks guys. Very appreciated.

Jose, yes my friend. See you in Folkestone.

Stephen Mallia
  9. marcellin de marbot New Member

Italy
    Ciao Stephen,
    So quickly? We told of it only some days ago...I think you had taken some holiday from the PD...Or someone is looking for you from Marsaxlokk to Cirqewwa.
    All the best
    M
  10. pkw4 Active Member

Italy
    Hi Stephen
    it looks brilliant.
    rOBERTO
  11. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen, Nice work. i really like the "capaign look" you have given the figure. The blanket roll is a nice touch.~Gary
  12. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen, looks like another beauty! I'm with Guy, what scale is this one? Keep us posted.

Jay H.
    OKC
  13. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Mounted Chasseur

Stephen, Man, what a nice looking figure! I marvel at your work. I have viewed your posts for quite some time, but never responded. I am a big fan of Napeolonic subjects, especially the cavalry of the line and chasseurs are one of my favorites. Have you ever built any Historex kits? You really have a knack for taking a subject and injecting life into it! Can't wait to see this chasseur painted. Maybe I missed it, but what regiment is he a member of and what country?

Appreciate you posting!

Would love to see you come to Atlanta, Georgia Show in the future!

Best of Everything, Terry Martin
  14. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Stephen, good lord my friend :eek: . You REALLY need to do some Nappies for production! I would love to paint a Napoleonic figure you do for production. In the mean time..... this is a terrific looking figure. I'm looking forward to seeing your brushes bring this to life.

Jim Patrick
  15. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi Marcello, I told you I work very hard :):). After I paint this a foot Dragoon is in line !!

Ciao
    Stephen Mallia
  16. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Gary, thanks. I always try to give that touch to my figures unless Im restricted with the parade stuff. You have a more of a free ahnd with soldiers on campaign and they look better ( I think )

Stephen Mallia
  17. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Jay, Guy it's 54mm

Stephen
  18. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi Terry, thanks. It seems that we both share the same passion. I simply love napoleonics and when I'm not doing commisioned work of other subjects I always turn in that direction. This is a 7th Chassuer trumpeter of the French line cavalry. As for the historex kits, I do use their parts but have never constructed one of their figures since I mostly sculpt my own. I would love to come to Atlanta too but for the moment it's just MFCA and Chicago this year. Will you be there?

Stephen Mallia
  19. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hey Jim, buddy how are you? Thanks mate. Hopefully there might be some in line. Will show you more when painted. Just imagine it for the moment. Grey hosre with black schabraque. Green vest with pink braid and pink Kinski jacket. White braid allover !! Oh man can't wait !!!

Stephen Mallia
  20. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Adorable !!!! You work pretty clean and smooth on the details !!! i like it