1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Chasseur d'Afrique 4th Regiment, Crimea 1855,

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Viking Bob, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    These two are by Metal Models and Troop 54, the faces have been painted in oils and the rest will be finished in acrylics.
    The blue is an undercoat for the slightly darker blue. The reds have been completed and hopefully, I will not splash too much blue about. I have a small wood base to put these two on and will have to seal that first with some Danish oil.
    I have only one picture so far more to follow.
    chasseur d'Afrique.jpg
    Oda, Chezzie, Blind Pew and 6 others like this.
  2. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking good so far Bob. I really like the reds of the trousers so don't be throwing blue all over them ;)

Cheers
    Paul
    Viking Bob likes this.
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Thanks Paul, but with my run of luck it may be a possibility.....
  4. mortier A Fixture

Germany
    Looks very good and the colours are beautiful
    Viking Bob likes this.
  5. Geoff Charman A Fixture

Super looking models Bob, I love the French uniforms despite no doing many.

Geoff
    Viking Bob likes this.
  6. LeonChappell New Member

Watching with interest as I've just started this one myself. I saw your post on a separte forum asking for advice on a suitable blue to use for the tunic and wonder if you decided to go with the Field Blue?
    Viking Bob likes this.
  7. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

mortier, many thanks for your comment

Geoff, you know you want to do at least one

Leon, thanks for the comment and yes I will go with field blue, although a little lighter.....fingers crossed.
    LeonChappell likes this.
  8. fabrizio19691969 A Fixture

very nice!!!!!!!! the troop is very natural
    Viking Bob likes this.
  9. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Thank you Fabrizio, troop54 are very nice.
  10. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    I really like both of them Bob. Hoping for the Troop54 figure at Xmas. Is it my imagination or is the shako of the MM figure somewhat shorter than the Troop54?
    Viking Bob likes this.
  11. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Thanks for your input, the Shako on the troop 54 figure is sat at a jaunty angle and looks to be taller but it is not. Update soon.
  12. Cannonball A Fixture

Looking good so far Bob, love the colours.
    Viking Bob likes this.
  13. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Thanks Cannonball, got some help on the blue from a another member and now progress is proceeding quite well. I have used field blue and it looks better.
    Thanks for the comment.
  14. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice one Bob. I reckon you've got the exact colours of the blues and the reds - not always an easy thing to do. You must be pretty happy thus far. I've always liked the troop 54 one.
    Viking Bob likes this.
  15. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Cheers Blind Pew, I have gone with the recommendation (HouseCarl) of field blue the original blue was too fluorescent. Then waiting for the paint to arrive but I am near to finishing the uniform's of both.
    The colourI have gone with is Vallejo 70.964 field blue. The base is a piece of Olive wood, 80mm long and 35mm deep and wide. Now I can crack on.

Ch d'Afrique 1.jpg Ch d'Afrique 2.jpg Ch d'Afique 3.jpg
    Martin64, Blind Pew and Oda like this.
  16. Oda A Fixture

A favourite subject and a marvellous execution so far.Waiting eagerly to see this finished.

Oda.
    Viking Bob likes this.
  17. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I can't help but notice that in the photos it seems the two figures are very compatible, considering the differences you can get in the same scale and the fact that they're years apart in their release.

Have you had the metal Modeles one for years or did the Troop54 one inspire you to make the pairing?
    Viking Bob likes this.
  18. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Thank you Oda, I will not be long now....famous last words.

I have had the metal models figure for quite a few years now and wanted to put it with the Troop54 figure as soon as I saw it.
    Both figures seem to sit well together, so I hope it works.

Bob
    Oda and Blind Pew like this.